By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, December 27, 2013
Get your complete wrestling training with in-depth instruction from Ken Chertow! This will be a great learning experience for you and your wrestlers to learn from a U.S. Olympian. You will see how to perform highly effective takedowns, counterattacks, throws and much more.
CLICK the image below to view complete descriptions & sample videos clips from Ken Chertow!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, December 9, 2013
READ and WATCH more on a new wrestling video featuring the same strength and conditioning exercises used by the Oklahoma State Wrestling team! OSU Strength & Conditioning Coach, Gary Calcagno, provides you with over 40 different exercises that focus on power and explosiveness.
Training for Power and Explosiveness
Learn championship-tested exercises and principles for developing power and explosiveness
Learn six series of movements, including over 40 exercises, that can be modified as your season progresses
Build a year-round lifting program that can elevate your program
More Strength & Conditioning videos for Wrestling:
By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, November 19, 2013
University of Illinois Associate Head Coach, Mark Perry, has a rare unique perspective on wrestling. His uncle is legendary Oklahoma State Coach John Smith; in addition, Coach Perry wrestled in high school at Blair Academy under Jeff Buxton and finally learned the “Iowa way” of the sport from Tom Brands while wrestling in college. Now is your chance to learn new and helpful drills for yourself or to teach your wrestlers!
Next Generation Wrestling Drills
- Discover drills that will train your wrestlers to avoid opponent’s short offense and go-behinds
- Learn how to teach your wrestlers to chain wrestle from one offensive position to another
- Discover a system for fighting to good positions on the bottom
Formula for Success: Winning the Neutral Position
- Learn how to incorporate the Oklahoma State and the Iowa style of wrestling to create a complete wrestler from the neutral position
- Learn how to get to the tie position without sacrificing your position or attack
- Discover the keys to short offense and how to score from an opponent’s attack
- Learn how to teach effective motion for an outside wrestler and take advantage of speed and quickness