By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, January 17, 2014
Over 50 different drills that will inject necessary balance and variation into your practice! Featuring USTFCCCA National Coach of the Year, Cliff Rovelto.
- Maximize the benefits that your athletes receive from their warm-up
- Learn acceleration drills to optimize block starts and refine mid-race mechanics
- Improve your athletes’ max velocity mechanics
- Learn how to design hurdle workouts that simulate race day mechanics
More Cliff Rovelto instruction:
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, January 10, 2014
iPracticeBuilder is a revolutionary iPad app that allows coaches to interactively build, store and share practice plans.
Select drills from your customized drill list and drag-and-drop them into your practice schedule. Inside each drill you can include a description, key points, equipment needed, video, diagrams, and links to web video. When your practice is complete, print it or email it.
Practice planning has never been easier!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, June 17, 2013
Coach Rick Suhr has quickly become one of the world’s top pole vault coaches, coaching his wife Jenn Suhr to Olympic Silver in 2008 and Olympic Gold in 2012. Jenn has been ranked #1 in the World for the last two years and the #1 American pole vaulter since 2006. She holds the American women’s pole vault records both indoors and outdoors, and is the current world indoor record holder at 5.02m.
Track & Field News Presents: Technique & Drills for the Pole Vault
- Learn from one of the world’s best pole vault coach, Rick Suhr
- Improve every phase of your vault training program
- Four National Champion demonstrators including 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist Jenn Suhr
Also, learn more about how you can join former Iowa State track coach, Bill Bergan and Championship Productions in providing running shoes & spikes for African boys and girls.
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, February 22, 2013
With 33 National Titles and stints as The U.S Men’s National team coach at the 2007 World Championships Coach Pat Henry has established himself as one of the who’s who in U.S Track and Field. Establishing drills such as the wicket drill have helped Coach Henry’s athletes develop Max Velocity Posture, and mechanics that have helped win Numerous NCAA Championships.
Coach Henry walks you through how to set up the wicket drill for both males and females, and for various experience levels.
View an additional clip from Texas A&M Track & Field Series – Drills and Progressions for Championship Sprints, Starts and Relays. See what other Sprints DVDs we have in our world class Track & Field DVD collection!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, February 18, 2013
Here we have a video series that has been created specifically for female track & field athletes that clearly details how to improve in each event. These Track & Field DVDs include instruction and demonstration from Olympic and collegiate coaches and athletes! See what techniques and drills you can learn to use in your team’s practices or meets.
Becoming a Champion: Discus for Girls’ Track & Field
- Learn techniques and drills for maintaining your balance and posture to maximize throwing distance
- Identify common mistakes in your technique and how you can correct them
- Learn how to prepare – both mentally and physically – for competition
Becoming a Champion: Pole Vault for Girls’ Track & Field
- Discover how pole weight limits, the bend of the pole, hand placement, grips and more can effect your vaults
- Use “pool vaulting” to slow down vaulting techniques and safely learn and improve your mechanics
- Learn multiple teaching progressions that allow the athlete to fine tune their approach to the pole vault
Becoming a Champion: High Jump for Girls’ Track & Field
- Learn the hows and whys to becoming a better high jumper
- Teach and develop drills for both experienced and beginning high jumpers
- See take off techniques for both single- and double-arm jumpers
- Drills and techniques in this video are demonstrated by both a beginning and a veteran jumper
Becoming a Champion: Triple Jump for Girls’ Track & Field
- Features former NCAA Triple Jump Champion and Baylor assistant coach Stacey Smith
- Learn an effective teaching progression that will help you connect the hop, step, and jump phases
- Over 20 drills to improve your form, strength and distance!
- Correct performance hampering mistakes in all phases of the jump
Becoming a Champion: Long Jump for Girls’ Track & Field
- Discover easy-to-use drills you can use to create repetitive and consistent approaches that put you in prime take-off position at the board
- Create the correct positioning and mechanics for the penultimate step and take-off with customizable box drills
- Learn safe, effective landing techniques to maximize your jumping distance
- Utilize a series plyometric drills to create strength and jumping power
Becoming a Champion: 800/1500M for Girls’ Track & Field
- Get one-on-one middle distance training from US Olympic Coach Rose Monday!
- Learn a dynamic warm-up that will cut down on injuries and prevent shin splints
- Develop workouts that add variety to your daily routine while training important physiological functions
- Learn how to use pool workouts to improve your fitness without the pounding
Becoming a Champion: Hurdles for Girls’ Track & Field
- Over 30 drills to develop hurdle mobility, form and quickness and help you improve your times
- Increase your hurdlers’ raw speed
- Get strength training drills and core exercises to improve explosiveness
- Review common mistakes made by both rookie and veteran hurdlers, and learn how to fix them
Becoming a Champion: Sprints & Relays for Girls’ Track & Field
- Learn a series of sprint mechanics and acceleration drills with specific cues to help athletes learn speed-enhancing posture, alignment, and sprint form
- Teach athletes correct block placement, how to push out of the blocks, and how to maximize the acceleration phase, transition phase and maximum velocity phase
- Utilize race strategies for all the sprints (100, 200, and 400), as well as strategies and drills to move the baton effectively in 4×100 and 4×400 relays
Becoming a Champion: Javelin for Girls’ Track & Field
- Learn a safe, effective method for maximizing the distance on your throws and for preventing injuries
- Learn drills that will increase your strength and improve your throwing form
- Develop a consistent run-up and release to make the most of every attempt
- Get tips on meet day preparation
Becoming a Champion: Glide & Spin Shot Put for Girls’ Track & Field
- 40+ simple and effective drills for the glide and spin shot put
- Learn a basic warm-up routine created especially for throwers
- Discover drills specifically designed to develop an explosive release
- Increase your strength, speed and power
Purchase the Becoming a Champion: Girls’ Track & Field Series and save $90!