By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Monday, May 23, 2011
Learn from the best! Incorporate new practice ideas from the winningest coach in NCAA Division III history, George Wares. Last week, Wares notched his 909th career victory while playing in the NCAA tournament. In his 27-year career, Wares has guided Central College to the NCAA Tournament 23 times winning four NCAA Championships!
All Access Indoor Softball Practice
- Learn how to lead your team through game-like, pressure filled drills and situations-indoors
- Discover drills for indoor warm-up, throwing, hitting, infield, outfield, baserunning and special situations
- Keep your team focused and active throughout your entire practice
- George Wares: NFCA Hall of Fame, 4x National Championship Coach
Aggressive Offense: Baserunning and the Short Game
- Two great topics on one DVD!
- Neutralize great pitching with great baserunning
- Put pressure on the defense and set your team up for easy scoring opportunities
Essentials for Better Team Defense
- Learn effective strategies for cutting down your opponent’s run production
- Discover the hows and whys of team defense
- Practice these common defensive situations before your team faces them in a game
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Thursday, May 19, 2011
Check out our two new Softball DVDs featuring Diana Pepin. Diana is the Head Softball Coach at Eastern Connecticut State University. Pepin has guided the Warriors to a 34-5 overall record and earned a spot in the 2011 NCAA DIII Women’s Softball Championship. Pepin has been named Little East Conference Coach of the Year three times.
Running a Successful Indoor Team Practice
- Make the most of your practice time when forced to practice indoors
- Use the space you have to teach and train softball fundamentals
- See how Pepin and her staff coach and teach their athletes in this live practice setting
Physical & Mental Tools to Develop a Successful Swing
- Improve your athletes’ bat speed and timing to drive the ball up the middle
- Step into the batter’s box ready to hit with Pepin’s mental checklist for hitters
- Practice hitting in high pressure, game-like scenarios
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Monday, May 9, 2011
New Softball DVD featuring the 2010 NCAA Championship UCLA Softball Staff: Kelly Inouye-Perez (Head Coach-2010 NCAA Champions), Lisa Fernandez (Assistant Coach-3x Olympic Gold Medalist), Gina Vecchione (Assistant Coach-ASA Hall of Fame and former All-American). Watch over three hours of live practice featuring the 2010 NCAA Champions!
All-Access UCLA Softball Practice
- This is your chance to see the inner workings of one of the most storied softball programs in the nation!
- Through three hours of live practice you will see how the Bruins teach hitting, pitching, fielding, base running, and more
- See how the 2010 National Coaching Staff of the Year utilizes the field for practice, structures their drills and builds fundamentals
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Create more exciting practices with new practice drills!
Winning Softball Drills – 4th Edition
This book fulfills a need of many softball coaches for a working manual to help them produce drills quickly for all aspects of the the game. The goals of the book are twofold: First, to help coaches get the most from their athletes during practice through the use of specific drills; Secondly, to help coaches produce organized and time-efficient practices. The book is now wire bound, which is designed to be rugged enough to be taken to practice each day and handy enough for you to have drills at your fingertips.
The Softball Drill Book
Packed with 175 drills straight from the practice sessions of the game’s most successful programs, The Softball Drill Book will add variety to your practices and precision to your game-day performances.
CoachDeck – Softball
The Softball CoachDeck will provide you with 52 color-coded drills to improve your infield, outfield, hitting and baserunning. The nearly infinite number of drill combinations you can create means your players will never get tired of the same old practice. Nearly every drill contains a unique, “Make it a Game” feature that will ensure your players want practice to go on forever. Each deck also contains two double-sided instructional cards on Safety, Terminology, Practice and How to Use CoachDeck.
More Drill DVDs to Improve Your Team:
Mega Softball Drills: Hitting
Mega Softball Drills: Pitching
Mega Softball Drills: Fielding
Advanced Team Defense Drills for Softball
Infield and Outfield Skills & Drills
The Softball Pitching Factory: The “Daily Dozen” Pitching Drills
Competitive Games & Drills for Softball Practice
Hitting Drills and Mechanics
Filed in Softball
• Tags: Dianne Baker
, John Tschida
, Karen Linder
, Kirk Walker
, Nancy Evans
, Patty Gasso
, Roanna Brazier
, Softball Drills
, Softball DVDs
, Softball Instruction
, Tim Walton
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Friday, April 1, 2011
Check-out our customers favorite DVDs featuring Patty Gasso! Throughout her career she has compiled 800+ career victories in 17 seasons as Oklahoma’s Head Softball Coach. Gasso has guided the Sooners to 16 straight NCAA tournaments, six Women’s College World Series, and one NCAA championship (2000). Overall, Gasso has amassed over 950 victories in 21 seasons as a collegiate head coach.
Advanced Team Defense Drills for Softball
- Challenge players to improve their fundamentals with these hard-working, intense drills
- Learn eight advanced infield drills that will improve range, fielding skills, and throwing
- Learn nine advanced outfield drills to improve fielding skills, range and throwing fundamentals
Maximizing Indoor Softball Practice
- Never let inclimate weather stop your team from improving!
- Plan better indoor practices.
- Make the most of the your indoor practice space.
Patty Gasso: Slap Defense – Building Team Confidence & Drills
- Instill confidence in your players.
- Position your defense to defend the slap.
- Discover strategies for building team unity.
Patty Gasso: How to Coach the Female Athlete
- Uncover the keys to coaching women’s sports.
- Develop a winning mentality on your team.
- Motivate and respect your players.