By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Thursday, May 26, 2011
Submit your favorite drill of play to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be entered for a chance to win a basketball signed by Derrick Rose, John Calipari and Rod Strickland!
The winner will be announced July 15! Good luck!
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Friday, March 11, 2011
Derrick Rose has established himself as one of the premiere point guards in the NBA. The young talent is currently averaging 25 points, eight assists and four rebounds per game for the Chicago Bulls. Rose is a major reason the Bulls are within 1.5 games of the Boston Celtics for the top spot in the Eastern Conference. Following a 101-84 loss to the Bulls on Wednesday, Charlotte Bobcats Owner, Michael Jordan, called Derrick Rose the MVP of the season. Jordan has been impressed with Rose’s play over the course of the season and believes he deserves the league’s top individual honor. You have the opportunity to learn from the man himself, Derrick Rose, by checking out the instructional DVDs below:
MVP Training: Advanced Point Guard Skills & Drills with Derrick Rose
- Learn to execute the four S’s of a successful pick and rolls (start, set-up, separation, score)
- Perfect the reads a point guard must make when attacking the basket
- Establish proper angles and techniques needed for passing and scoring out of the pick and roll
MVP Training: Basic Point Guard Skills & Drills with Derrick Rose
- Learn to play fast and in balance at the same time
- Learn how to gain separation from a defender, play through contact and score in the paint
- See the drill Derrick Rose uses to improve his shooting range