By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, March 8, 2013
Check out clinic instruction from world class youth volleyball coach, Cheryl Butler. Learn a series of Pass-Set-Hit where players begin playing underhand, then progress to overhand, and then finally to overhand. This fast pace drill would be a great addition to any team’s practice.
Make sure everybody on one side goes in the same direction, then switch to the other side once you complete the series. Catch each throw as if you were actually going to set, pass, or spike the ball.
Take a look at an additional clip from the DVD: Teaching Movement Skills to Beginning & Intermediate Players. Also, view other Youth Volleyball DVDs from our massive Volleyball DVD collection!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Wednesday, October 19, 2011
We have recently released four new Baseball DVDs on drill progression featuring Brandon Buck. He coaches Moutain Pointe High School, who won the 2011 5A Division 1 Arizona State Championship. These four new Baseball DVDs are titled:
Drill Progressions for Developing Corner Infielders
- Make your first baseman a defensive weapon
- Employ more than 20 drills that instill technical excellence and improve practice efficiency
- Master Coach Buck’s effective “drill-progression” method to build confidence and create competence
Drill Progressions for Developing Middle Infielders
- Take your middle infield to a new level of execution
- Develop championship glove work, footwork, rhythm and aggressiveness
- Utilize 15+ drills based on Coach Buck’s unique drill progression approach
Drill Progressions for Developing Catchers
- Understand and perfect the catcher’s #1 job
- Learn 20 drills for perfecting each facet of catching
- See drill progressions for receiving, blocking, throwing, tagging and funneling rather than framing
Drill Progressions for Developing Outfielders
- Develop championship-caliber outfielders with 15+ well-designed drills that train proper movement and mechanics through Coach Buck’s proven “Drill Progression” technique
- Manage productive practices by following specific approaches for maximizing outfield reps while minimizing fatigue
- Create outfielders who get great jumps, take proper angles, play the wall perfectly, avoid collisions, throw with accuracy, and communicate effectively