By nate.landas - Last updated: Thursday, October 20, 2011
We have recently released four Wrestling DVDs featuring Chris Pendleton and Mark Branch. Both of whom were 2x NCAA Champions at Oklahoma State. These four new Wrestling DVDs are titled:
Mastering the Underhook Tie
- Develop new ways to score from the underhook tie
- Get a new way to control the match and have constant attacks
- Arm your wrestlers with techniques designed to take their opponent directly to their back
Mastering the High Crotch Crackdown
- Learn three solid set ups and more than 10 finishes for the high crotch
- Witness a champion and great technician master one of the toughest areas to finish: the high crotch crackdown
- Turn lost takedowns and stalemates into takedowns, near-falls, and pins
No Fear! Attacking from the Bottom Position
- Learn key positions on the bottom to prevent your opponent from scoring
- Defend and score against the crab ride and leg riders
- Develop confidence on the bottom that will open up more scoring opportunities
- Learn to counter an opponent with two legs in, either from your stomach or from a sit-out position
Practice Routines Volume II: Drills from the Feet
- Learn drills to build fluid movement between upper body (hands) and lower body (feet)
- Teach your wrestlers to move their opponent effectively, take good shots and finish shots
- These drills can be done inside or outside of the wrestling room, which is extremely beneficial to high school coaches during their pre-season conditioning
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Monday, January 10, 2011
We have three new DVDs featuring Rob Koll, John Smith & Eric Guerrero! These three coaches have a proven track record of success. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business!
Arm Spins & Shoulder Throws with Rob Koll
- Learn three versatile takedown techniques
- See how to turn the arm spin into set-ups for single and double leg takedowns
- Get drills to easily learn the necessary keys to hitting each move
Situational Wrestling from the Bottom Position with John Smith
- Turn losing bottom situations into points
- Master the key bottom position skills you need to become a championship wrestler
- Learn how to consistently beat the popular tight waist ride
Becoming a Champion Wrestler: Fundamental Motor Skills for Wrestling with Eric Guerrero
- Increase your potential as a wrestler by working on and improving your motor skills
- Learn to work on skills that will increase your chances for success regardless of your talent level
- Get drills to develop your sprawl, circling, back arch, penetration and hip heist skills
In these instructional wrestling DVDs Coach Rob Koll, John Smith & Eric Guerrero give you new techniques and drills that you won’t want to miss!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Sunday, January 2, 2011
Oklahoma State wrestling coach, John Smith, earned his 300th career dual meet victory as Oklahoma State defeated #24 Arizona State 40-4. The win improved Smith’s career record to 300-44-5 in 20 years as head coach. Smith is the first coach in OSU’s storied history to reach 300 wins!
John Smith has won five NCAA championships at Oklahoma State. As a collegiate wrestler, he won two NCAA championships (1987 and 1988). Smith also won Olympic gold in 1988 and 1992.
By nate.landas - Last updated: Saturday, August 8, 2009
Oklahoma State wrestler Jordan Oliver won a bronze medal at the Junior World Championship in Turkey. Oliver is coached by Eric Guerrero, Assistant Coach at Oklahoma State University. Guerrero was selected to serve as head coach for the USA at the 2009 FILA Junior Freestyle World Championships in Ankara, Turkey.