By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, August 2, 2013
Create a more potent offense with team attacking exercises and shooting drills from Boston College Head Coach, Ainslee Lamb. In the team building video, Coach Lamb presents practice drills covering the foundational skills needed to create and win 2v1 situations. As for the shooting drills presentation, Ainslee Lamb teaches you 11 drills that consider not only the shooter, but where ball is coming from. See all the details these two Field Hockey videos have to offer you and your team:
Drills for Building a Shooting Zone Strategy
- Train your players to effectively shoot the ball even when they are in a less than perfect position
- Simulate game-like situations with a passer and shooter to develop shooting confidence
- Every drill is presented on white board in very simple, easy to understand terms and then followed up with the on-field implementation
2v1 Progressions: The Building Blocks of Team Attack
- Teach your offense how to engage a defender and create an offensive advantage in “dangerous space” for your opponent
- Learn the responsibilities of the ball carrier and the off-ball player and how to read the defender to win 2v1 opportunities
- Ainslee Lamb has served as the head coach for the US National Team at the U17, U19 and U21 levels.
By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Barry University Head Coach Steve McCrath is a 4x Sunshine State Conference Coach of the Year and 2x South Region Coach of the Year. He shows you how the 3-5-2 system can cause problems for opponents, as it is seldom used and can quickly overload specific areas of the pitch. Also, Coach McCrath has assembled drills and small-sided games that, when coached properly, will help you squeeze more goals out of your season by catching your opponent off guard. See high quality Soccer DVDs that will have your team performing better on the pitch.
Defending to Win with the 3-5-2
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the 3-5-2 in order to use it effectively
- Train players to use proper timing and pressure to win back the ball
- Learn small-sided games that will help train your players to work as a cohesive unit to quickly close down play and remove passing options
Training Games for Attacking Play
- Use the “Skill Cauldron” to get many touches in a short period of time and improve technical abilities
- Learn how to move effectively without the ball to create more attacking opportunities
- Learn to create space for central and flank attacks
- Teach your team to attack quickly and efficiently to create goal scoring opportunities
By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, March 5, 2013
2005 USA Field Hockey’s National Coach of the Year Tracey Fuchs presents a training video on the foundational skills required to shoot on goal in a variety of situations, resulting in improved scoring ability. The goal scoring skills presented by Coach Fuchs are a must for any forward and attacking midfielder. Players of all levels can benefit from this video to learn the correct execution of the shots and improve their goal scoring skills.
Shooting Techniques and Tactical Skills
- Improve shooting accuracy, get more shots on goal and score more goals
- Discover goal-scoring shots your players can use in a variety of situations
- Master the always hard-to-defend Reverse Shot and learn to use it to your advantage
- Develop a “shovel shot” to counter aggressive goalies who lay out in front of attacking forwards
By nate.landas - Last updated: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Get high quality instruction for coaches and athletes from Tracey Griesbaum, University of Iowa Head Coach. Her team has been 2008 National Semi-Finalist as well as Back-to-Back-to-Back Big Ten Tournament Champions (06-08). See both great offensive and defensive drills in these Field Hockey DVDs:
Positional Skills and Drills for Offense
- Discover innovative drills for ball control, passing, receiving and scoring
- Improve dribbling speed, ball placement, change of direction and vision
- Combine individual skills into high powered scoring drills
Positional Skills and Drills for Defense
- Improve footwork and approach lines
- Learn to pressure your opponent with on-ball, intercepting and forward pressure drills
- Create more turnovers and reduce your goals against
Buy these two products for the Field Hockey Position Skills 2-Pack and save $10!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, August 20, 2012
This Football DVD will provide a detailed look at Head Coach J.T. Curtis and his team at John Curtis Christian School. He has collected over 500 career coaching victories and is only the second high school football coach to ever do that. Improve your skills with this Football DVD:
All Access Football Practice with J.T. Curtis
- Includes 7 live practices and 2 staff meetings! Over 13 hours of footage.
- Incorporate all phases of the veer option running game.
- Incorporate team conditioning while running team offense.
- Learn how to organize practice in a way that keeps the athletes engaged in practice.
- Improve the effectiveness of your practice time through the use of small group time, whole team time, and rotating players at a quick tempo.
Like what you see from J.T. Curtis? Then take a look at more of his exceptional DVDs below:
Championship Football Practice Organization and Drills
Veer Option Offense: Quarterback & Running Back Drills and Techniques
Veer Option Offense: Offensive Line Drills and Techniques
Return to the 50 Defense
Defending the Wing-T with the 50 Defense
Defending the Spread with the 50 Defense
Winning with the Spread Punt Game