By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, October 18, 2013
See how you can learn an excellent pit drill from Lanphier (IL) High School Track Coach, Mike Garcia. This exercise will allow you to work on your timing and your upward movement at the start of the jump.
Your athletes may hit the bar more than usual because they are not generating any speed from their run up. It is not necessary for beginners to perform this drill with a bar.
Gain more insight and an additional video clip from, High School Coach’s Blueprint for Success: High Jump. Discover other great High Jump videos apart of our large Track & Field collection!
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Friday, June 3, 2011
Check out the complete High School Coach’s Blueprint For Success series! In this DVD presentation you will learn how the top high school coaches in the country manage and coach each event!
High School Coach’s Blueprint for Success: Sprints
- Learn the essentials for developing a successful 100 to 400 meter sprint program on and off the track
- Gain comprehensive strategies and technical insight into seasonal planning, starts, relays and more
- Learn to develop speed everyday in your practices starting with your warm up
High School Coach’s Blueprint for Success: Hurdles
- Get a detailed training plan with a breakdown of seasonal workouts
- Covers all aspects of coaching high school 100-110 and 300-400 hurdlers
- Includes strategies to assist with stride patterns for all hurdle events
High School Coach’s Blueprint for Success: 800M / 1500M
- Proven methods for training your 800M-1500M runners
- Get comprehensive training plans with sample workouts
- Includes downloadable templates for planning
- Includes year around strategies for building a successful middle distance program
High School Coach’s Blueprint for Success: High Jump
- Get a traditional high school season training breakdown
- Learn how to organize and run your high jump program
- Includes over 15 drills and multiple full jump demonstrations
High School Coach’s Blueprint for Success: Horizontal Jumps
- Get a proven high school season planning guide complete with workout examples
- See “on the runway” drill progressions that are easy to understand and easy to teach
- Take the guesswork out of your strength training workouts with this systemized approach
High School Coach’s Blueprint for Success: Pole Vault
- Get the drills, techniques, practice schedule and safety essentials you need to coach the pole vault
- Over 75 drills and variations on the track
- Over 2.5 hours of pole vault coaching instruction.
High School Coach’s Blueprint for Success: Throws
- Over 2 hours of comprehensive instruction on managing and teaching the throws events
- Includes proven techniques and drills for the glide shot, spin shot and the discus
- Perfect for coaching all levels of throwers from the first timers to the most experienced
Purchase the Blueprint For Success Series and save $70! Click here!