By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, October 18, 2013
Former LSU Assistant Track & Field Coach, Irving “Boo” Schexnayder presents multiple activities that make up the Pluto Jump Series. This is a conservative vertical bounding series that will help your athletes increase their elastic strength for greater distance in the horizontal jumps.
These drills are great to work on before going on to more advanced jumping exercises.
Gain more insight and an additional video clip from, Speed and Power Drills for the Horizontal Jumps. Discover other great Long Jump and Triple Jump videos apart of our large Track & Field collection!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, May 10, 2013
Learn a variety of softball skills and drills from the LSU coaching staff! They are currently ranked #5 in the NCAA Women’s Softball RPI! Improve your team’s hitting, fielding, pitching, and catching in no time with this exceptional set of Softball DVDs:
Building a Championship Slapper
- Pressure your opponent’s defense with four short game weapons
- Take advantage of the speedsters on your team – speed doesn’t slump!
- Get your fastest players on base more often
25 Essential Hitting Drills for Softball
- Improve your team’s hitting power and bat speed
- Make consistent contact with the ball and improve ball placement
- Teach your hitters to self-correct their swing
- Features LSU assistant coach and USA Softball Elite assistant coach Howard Dobson
Building a Championship Pitcher
- Learn essential pitching mechanics to maximize speed, power and drive toward the plate
- Help your pitchers transfer their bull pen work into game situations
- Discover common mistakes that are costing your pitchers power and control – and learn how to fix them
Teaching the Drop Ball and Rise Ball
- Stifle opposing hitters and create more strikeouts with effective drop balls and rise balls
- Find the drop ball technique that works best for each of your pitchers: the peel, the turnover, or the half turn
- Make your pitchers’ harder to hit by teaching them to change the hitter’s eye level
- Features LSU and USSSA Florida Pride Head Coach Beth Torina
Year Round Pitching Workouts
- Set up workouts for every phase of the season (pre-season, in-season, off-season)
- Work on increasing speed during the off-season when most gains can be made
- Practice throwing `believable balls’ to get more strikeouts
Building a Championship Catcher
- Learn to frame any pitch and help your pitchers get the called strike on corner pitches
- Learn multiple “work up” drills to improve your catcher’s ability to frame, block and throw runners out
- Stop runners from getting extra bases – and runs – on passed balls
- Throw out runners using a stand and pivot throw down and a throw down from the knees
Building a Championship Hitter
- Develop consistency as a hitter by being short to the ball but long through the ball
- Learn how something as simple as the batting stance can set a hitter up for success – or failure
- Teach your hitters to shift their weight through the ball to increase power
SB99BY – 3 Softball DVDs Only $99.99 (valid on DVDs $39.99 or lower)!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, December 5, 2011
Check out our best sellers in Football DVDs featuring the LSU, Wisconsin, and Michigan State coaching staffs. All three of these teams finished in the top 2 of their conferences and are in the top 15 in the nation. Learn from some of college’s best teams and coaches!
For high quality coaching instruction with the current #1 ranked LSU Tigers:
For in depth coaching instruction with the 2011 Big Ten Champions:
University of Wisconsin
Also, for insight on coaching with the 2011 Big Ten Runner-Up:
Michigan State University
By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, November 29, 2011
We have just added two new LSU Football DVDs to our online selection. The DVDs feature current #1 ranked LSU and their coaching staff. These two Football DVDs are called:
Secrets to Great Defensive Line Play
- Get more sacks and pressure to force bad throws and incompletions
- Develop complete defensive linemen who can stop the run and rush the passer
- Implement daily drills that develop great technique and aggressive play
Secrets to Great Man Coverage
- Learn how to create shutdown corners using the motor release technique in bump & run coverage
- Develop a combination of techniques that confuse the receiver and allow the defensive back to take the receiver out of his route
- Learn indicators that will allow your defensive backs to attack routes with confidence
Purchase the two DVDs together and save $10!
Secrets of Great Defensive Play 2-Pack