By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, October 7, 2013
Steve Garland is entering his eighth season as Head Coach for the University of Virginia. Garland guided the Cavaliers to the 2010 ACC title and was named 2010 ACC Coach of the Year. In his videos you will see new, creative and fun ways to work on old positions as well as develop techniques to defend against the leg riders.
In the third video below, Alex Clemsen, will teach you how to be more aggressive on the mat and improve your defensive skills. He is entering his fifth season as an Assistant Coach for the University of Virginia. As a wrestler, Clemsen was an All-American at Edinboro and a four-time NCAA qualifier.
- 20 drills to keep your practices fresh and your athletes engaged
- Make practice fun and productive at the same time
- Learn how to build your practice intensity from warm-up to battle stations
- Improve your ability to scramble from tough situations
- Discover drills for defending a leg rider and create more escapes and reversals
- Learn three different ways to find your escape when an opponent has his legs in
- Learn a simple approach to defending a crab ride
- Learn drills to effectively defend and score off of your opponent’s leg attacks
- Learn a down block series that can lead to major points for any defensive wrestler
- Defend and score off of an opponent’s single, even when his hands are locked