|My Account||Wish List||View Cart||Checkout|
We have three new DVDs featuring Rob Koll, John Smith & Eric Guerrero! These three coaches have a proven track record of success. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business!
The 2011 NWCA/Cliff Keen National Duals, held in Cedar Falls, IA, featured multiple wrestling programs led by Championship Productions’ authors. Rob Koll guided Cornell University to the championship in the NCAA Division I division while Jim Miller guided Wartburg College to the championship in the NCAA Division III division. Below are how our author’s finished in the duals:
1st Place – Cornell University (Coached by Cornell Rob Koll, Matt Azevedo, and Jeremy Spates)
1st Place – Wartburg University (Coached by Jim Miller)
2nd Place – Virginia Tech (Coached by Kevin Dresser)
3rd Pace – Wisconsin (Coached by Barry Davis)
4th Place – Minnesota (Coached by J. Robinson)
6th Place – Oklahoma State (Coached by John Smith)
Oklahoma State wrestling coach, John Smith, earned his 300th career dual meet victory as Oklahoma State defeated #24 Arizona State 40-4. The win improved Smith’s career record to 300-44-5 in 20 years as head coach. Smith is the first coach in OSU’s storied history to reach 300 wins!
John Smith has won five NCAA championships at Oklahoma State. As a collegiate wrestler, he won two NCAA championships (1987 and 1988). Smith also won Olympic gold in 1988 and 1992.
The Cornell wrestling team, coached by Rob Koll, Jeremy Spates, and Matt Azevedo, became the first-ever Ivy League school to hold down the top spot in the NWCA/USA Today Division I Coaches Poll. The Big Red were a unanimous No. 1 on the 11 ballots prior to the season and finished with 275 points.
Championship Productions has produced instructional wrestling DVDs with various top 25 coaches. The complete NWCA / USA Today Division rankings are below:
1. Cornell (Coached by Rob Koll, Jeremy Spates, and Matt Azevedo)
2. Boise State
3. Oklahoma State (Coached by John Smith and Eric Guerrero)
4. Minnesota (Coached by J. Robinson)
5. Wisconsin (Coached by Barry Davis)
6. Penn State (Coached by Troy Letters)
7. Iowa (Coached by Tom Brands and Terry Brands)
9. Central Michigan (Coached by Tom Borrelli)
12. Ohio State (Coached by Tom Ryan)
13. Nebraska (Coached by Mark Manning)
16. Arizona State (Coached by Ben Askren)
17. Virginia Tech (Coached by Kevin Dresser)
19. Iowa State (Coached by Kevin Jackson)
20. Northwestern (Coached by Tim Cysewski)
22. Oregon State
23. Rutgers (Coached by Cory Cooperman)
25. Cal Poly (Coached by Mark Perry)
The University of Iowa Associate Head Coach Terry Brands and Oklahoma State University Head Coach John Smith have been selected by the USA Wrestling Freestyle Coach Selection Committee to coach the 2010 U.S. Men’s Freestyle World Team. Brands and Smith will join USA Wrestling National Freestyle Coach Zeke Jones to guide the U.S. in the 2010 World Wrestling Championships in Moscow, Russia, September 6-12.