By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, November 19, 2013
University of Illinois Associate Head Coach, Mark Perry, has a rare unique perspective on wrestling. His uncle is legendary Oklahoma State Coach John Smith; in addition, Coach Perry wrestled in high school at Blair Academy under Jeff Buxton and finally learned the “Iowa way” of the sport from Tom Brands while wrestling in college. Now is your chance to learn new and helpful drills for yourself or to teach your wrestlers!
Next Generation Wrestling Drills
- Discover drills that will train your wrestlers to avoid opponent’s short offense and go-behinds
- Learn how to teach your wrestlers to chain wrestle from one offensive position to another
- Discover a system for fighting to good positions on the bottom
Formula for Success: Winning the Neutral Position
- Learn how to incorporate the Oklahoma State and the Iowa style of wrestling to create a complete wrestler from the neutral position
- Learn how to get to the tie position without sacrificing your position or attack
- Discover the keys to short offense and how to score from an opponent’s attack
- Learn how to teach effective motion for an outside wrestler and take advantage of speed and quickness
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, November 8, 2013
Often volleyball players don’t have access to nets, gyms, etc. to work on their skills. In this sequence University of Illinois Head Coach, Kevin Hambly, shows you how players can work on their approaches and swings using nothing, but a tennis ball and a wall.
Practicing with Limited Resources
He points out keys like the correct approach, keeping the twist in the movement and remaining tall throughout the movement.
View an additional clip from the video: AAU Volleyball Skill Progressions: Attacking. Also, view other Attacking videos from our massive Volleyball collection!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Learn a variety of skills and drills for every position on your team with our new AAU Volleyball DVD Series featuring Kevin Hambly, University of Illinois Head Coach. See how you can create more attacking opportunities and defend against anything your opponent hits at you. World class instruction and demonstration will help you and your team pick up these concepts and use them in a game situation or in practice.
If you purchase any 4 (or more) AAU Volleyball DVDs and use promo code YVB25AAU, you will get each DVD for only $25!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Thursday, February 7, 2013
Ever wonder how master coaches develop a practice plan so that one session leads and builds upon the previous sessions? Sit back and immerse yourself in five live training sessions over three days at the University of Illinois. Follow the coaches and players as they work together and individually to achieve the goals set for them by 2011 Volleyball Magazine Coach of the Year Kevin Hambly and his staff.
All Access Volleyball Practice with Kevin Hambly
- Watch five live practice sessions coached by 2011 NCAA Runner-Up Kevin Hambly
- Every aspect of the game is covered in some part during these five sessions
- Shorten your team’s learning curve with progressions that build from practice to practice at game-speed
- Pick up cue words, practice adjustments and fundamental skills that will help you, your staff and your players
See more of Kevin Hambly’s best selling instruction:
Smart Defense for Creating More Swings
Arm Swing Progressions for High Power Attacking