By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, November 15, 2013
In 2013, Pat Narduzzi and Ron Burton led Michigan State’s defense to dominate their opponents and ranks near the top in each category:
#1 in total defense (210.2 yards per game)
#1 in rushing defense (43.4 yards per game)
#1 in pass efficiency defense (90.3 rating)
#1 in yards per play (3.47 yards) #2 in first downs defense (11.3 per game)
#2 in opponent third-down conversions (26 percent; 35-for-134)
#3 in scoring defense (11.6 points per game)
#4 in passing defense (166.8 yards per game).
Base Fronts and Stunts for 4-3 Defense
- Learn four over fronts that will enable your defense to neutralize any offensive advantage in key situations
- Create havoc for your opponent by mixing up your fronts and using strategic line movements
- Reduce the strength of offenses that like to run off tackle, to their tight end, inside or outside zone
Mega Drills for the Defensive Line
- Discover over 20 drills designed to build an explosive defensive line that will produce tackles for losses, sacks and turnovers
- Train your players how to use their hands to defeat a pass block while pursuing a sprint out quarterback
- Learn how to use one-step counters for training linemen to stunt with precision
- Maximize practice time using d-line medley drills
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, September 6, 2013
Testing is a critical component to any successful football strength and conditioning program. Rob Rose, President of True Athlete Performance, uses his extensive background in exercise science to create a highly effective yet simple process for evaluating football players. These “tests” will give you a great baseline and evaluation tool for football-specific drills and testing parameters.
- Learn key areas of testing dynamics to better evaluate your athletes’ performance and improvement
- Ensure your athletes are making gains in key areas of football conditioning; speed, agility, strength and more
- Get 18 testing dynamics for evaluating your players
If you buy any 3 football DVDs, you can get them all for a total of $99.99 with our Football DVD promo!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Thursday, August 22, 2013
Get an All Access look into seven practices featuring 25X Louisiana State Championship Coach, J.T. Curtis! Available to the public for the first time ever, you’ll witness the tempo and the drills Curtis uses to develop championship caliber practices. Learn how his practice is organized and how it progresses to a full team environment. You will see the different environments that Curtis uses to teach different aspects of the game and you will sit in on a coaches meeting in which the coaches discuss ways to improve their practices. A must have for all coaches!
- Includes 7 live practices and 2 staff meetings! Over 13 hours of footage.
- Incorporate all phases of the veer option running game.
- Incorporate team conditioning while running team offense.
- Learn how to organize practice in a way that keeps the athletes engaged in practice.
- Improve the effectiveness of your practice time through the use of small group time, whole team time, and rotating players at a quick tempo.
By nate.landas - Last updated: Wednesday, August 7, 2013
There are six new Football DVDs/Downloads from CSU-Pueblo: 3-4 Defense, Zone Read, Passing Game & Special Teams. Learn how CSU-Pueblo went from start-up to #1 in the nation in only 3 years! Get all of coaching and athlete needs with these exceptional Football products!
Attacking Defensive Line Play for the 3-4 Defense
- Learn essential rules for becoming a run stopper
- Avoid coaching the aggressiveness out of your D-line
- Learn why your defensive linemen are popping up and what you can do to help them maintain a low pad level
- Discover drills to help you develop the complete defensive lineman
Attacking Linebacker Play in the 3-4 Defense
- Turn your linebackers into “heat seeking missiles”
- Learn essential drills for teaching footwork, taking on blocks, getting off blocks, open field tackling and more
- Train your backers to play fast and attack the line of scrimmage
Attacking Defensive Back Play in the 3-4 Defense
- Develop a takeaway culture in your defensive secondary; turnovers don’t just happen, they’re created
- Get 11 drills for increasing turnover ratio
- Understand the basic 3-4 defensive scheme and the pass coverage used within it
Zone Read Scheme Rules, Techniques and Drills
- Develop an effective weak and strong side zone run scheme
- Learn fundamentals and techniques for footwork and hand placement used in zone blocking
- Learn drills to build a successful lineman for the zone running game
Teaching and Installing the ThunderWolf Passing Game
- Design a drop back passing scheme that remains simple in multiple formations
- Increase your completion rate using a “closed” secondary read or an “open” secondary read
- Install play action, quick, and drop back passing game protections for both odd and even fronts
- Learn how to use video game technology to help your team learn passing game concepts through countless “mental reps”
Drills and Schemes for Special Teams
- Discover schemes and drills for four areas of special teams: Kick, kick return, punt and punt return
- Learn new schemes to simplify the punt return while increasing its effectiveness
- Learn how to reduce penalties when attempting to block punts
- Use “expose” drills to determine which players have the natural skills for each of these units
Get more for your money when purchase any 3 Football DVDs($39.99 or less) for only $99.99!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, July 22, 2013
Read the very best coaching instructional lectures in football today. Philosophy, motivation, offense, defense, X’s and O’s, and Kicking Game. All this and more, with focus on technique and how to! Gain knowledge from highly successful high school, college, and professional coaches and give your team the competitive edge it needs to become a championship caliber program!
2013 NIKE Coach of the Year Clinics Football Manual 2013 Nike Coach of the Year Clinic Notes
For more excellent football reading material, take a look at the 2012 Manual and Clinic Notes below: