By Kevin Fitzpatrick - Last updated: Monday, February 15, 2016
The matchups for this year’s NWCA National Duals Championship Series have been released, and Championship Productions authors and their teams are well-represented. Out of the 16 teams competing, nine have coaches who have produced wrestling videos with Championship.
For the full release on the event, head over to intermatwrestle.com to get their insight on the Duals.
Friday – February 19
Iowa State at Minnesota – 7:30 p.m. – Williams Arena
Get coaching instruction from Iowa State head coach Kevin Jackson!
Saturday – February 20
Lehigh at Rutgers – 8 p.m. EST – RAC
Sunday – February 21
Oklahoma State at Penn State – 5 p.m. – Rec Hall
Get coaching instruction from Oklahoma State head coach John Smith and his coaching staff!
Virginia Tech at Michigan – 2 p.m. – Cliff Keen Arena
Get coaching instruction from Virginia Tech head coach Kevin Dresser!
Appalachian State at Indiana – 1 p.m. EST – University Gym
Get coaching instruction from Indiana head coach Duane Goldman!
Missouri at Nebraska – 2 p.m. CST – Bob Devaney Sports Center
Get coaching instruction from Nebraska head coach Mark Manning!
Monday – February 22
Edinboro at Ohio State – 7 p.m. – St. John Arena
Get coaching instruction from Edinboro head coach Tim Flynn and assistant coach Cliff Moore!
Get coaching instruction from Ohio State head coach Tom Ryan!
North Carolina State at Iowa – 7 p.m. CST – Carver Hawkeye Arena
Get coaching instruction from Iowa head coach Tom Brands and associate head coach Terry Brands!
View post on imgur.com
Filed in Wrestling
• Tags: Cliff Moore
, Duane Goldman
, John Smith
, Kevin Dresser
, Kevin Jackson
, Mark Manning
, Terry Brands
, Tim Flynn
, Tom Brands
, Tom Ryan
By nate.landas - Last updated: Thursday, May 1, 2014
Duane Goldman has a history of excellence in wrestling. He is Indiana’s Head Wrestling Coach and was a 4x All-American at the University of Iowa. In this segment the, “Front Headlock, Roll Under”, is a technique that sets up two options to get a takedown or pin.
Front Headlock, Roll Under
The first option is the Headlock Roll into the Half Nelson. The second option refers to the Head-in-the Hole technique. This could lead to a Cradle Pin. Goldman also gives you options to use if the opponent’s hands and feet are on the mat.
Watch and learn more from this Championship Productions’ DVD “Scoring from Your Feet: The Over/Under Series.” Take a look at additional Wrestling videos on From the Feet.
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, February 14, 2014
See how you can score from your feet using the under hook with wrist control. Indiana University Head Coach, Duane Goldman, gives wrestlers another option to get a crackdown using the under hook with wrist control. These techniques and skills would benefit even the most experienced coach for years.
From that position the wrestler could get a Cradle or a Ball and Chain with a Half Nelson. There is also a possibility to execute a Leg and Arm Turk if the wrestlers’ legs are straight.
Check out an additional clip from the Championship Productions’ DVD “Scoring from Your Feet: The Over/Under Series.” If you’re interested in more Wrestling videos on From the Feet, CLICK HERE.
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, May 31, 2013
Discover exceptional new wrestling instruction from the Indiana University wrestling coaching staff! Learn how score from the feet, takedowns and turns, and many other skills and drills to improve your wrestling team’s form. Every member of the coaching staff was a 4x NCAA All American and knows what it takes to be a championship wrestler! See the three brand new Wrestling DVDs below:
35 Drills & Skills for Competitive Practice
- Improve foot speed to take better shots and defend shots easier
- Train your wrestlers “when” to shoot and “how” to shoot from a control tie with the Hand Fight & Attack Drill
- Improve flexibility for hip heists and throws
- Increase proficiency in defending leg attacks
Scoring from Your Feet: The Over/Under Series
- Control your opponents and dictate what happens in your matches
- Develop confidence in a tight tie situation and execute over/under attacks from both sides
- Learn several attacks from similar positions, creating opportunities for you to string moves together and become a chain wrestler
- Learn how to re-attack from the over/under when your opponent tries to attack you first
Takedowns and Turns
- Shut your opponent’s offense down with the 2-on-1 tie
- Become proficient at setting up, finishing and countering the low single leg takedown
- Make use of the 2-on-1 for a variety of lower and upper body scoring attacks
- Turn your opponent with the tight waist tilt – some of the easiest points in folkstyle wrestling