By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, November 19, 2013
University of Illinois Associate Head Coach, Mark Perry, has a rare unique perspective on wrestling. His uncle is legendary Oklahoma State Coach John Smith; in addition, Coach Perry wrestled in high school at Blair Academy under Jeff Buxton and finally learned the “Iowa way” of the sport from Tom Brands while wrestling in college. Now is your chance to learn new and helpful drills for yourself or to teach your wrestlers!
Next Generation Wrestling Drills
- Discover drills that will train your wrestlers to avoid opponent’s short offense and go-behinds
- Learn how to teach your wrestlers to chain wrestle from one offensive position to another
- Discover a system for fighting to good positions on the bottom
Formula for Success: Winning the Neutral Position
- Learn how to incorporate the Oklahoma State and the Iowa style of wrestling to create a complete wrestler from the neutral position
- Learn how to get to the tie position without sacrificing your position or attack
- Discover the keys to short offense and how to score from an opponent’s attack
- Learn how to teach effective motion for an outside wrestler and take advantage of speed and quickness
By nate.landas - Last updated: Wednesday, October 9, 2013
The iPracticeBuilder is a revolutionary app that allows you to build, store, and share your practice plans with others.
This is a great app for any coach or player who wants to improve!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, October 7, 2013
Steve Garland is entering his eighth season as Head Coach for the University of Virginia. Garland guided the Cavaliers to the 2010 ACC title and was named 2010 ACC Coach of the Year. In his videos you will see new, creative and fun ways to work on old positions as well as develop techniques to defend against the leg riders.
In the third video below, Alex Clemsen, will teach you how to be more aggressive on the mat and improve your defensive skills. He is entering his fifth season as an Assistant Coach for the University of Virginia. As a wrestler, Clemsen was an All-American at Edinboro and a four-time NCAA qualifier.
- 20 drills to keep your practices fresh and your athletes engaged
- Make practice fun and productive at the same time
- Learn how to build your practice intensity from warm-up to battle stations
- Improve your ability to scramble from tough situations
- Discover drills for defending a leg rider and create more escapes and reversals
- Learn three different ways to find your escape when an opponent has his legs in
- Learn a simple approach to defending a crab ride
- Learn drills to effectively defend and score off of your opponent’s leg attacks
- Learn a down block series that can lead to major points for any defensive wrestler
- Defend and score off of an opponent’s single, even when his hands are locked