By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, January 21, 2014
A popular drill used to teach ideal hand positioning by University of Wisconsin La-Crosse Head Coach, Dave Malecek, is the ‘Hand Fight Drill.’ Working on these techniques will help your wrestlers get to their leg attacks or takedowns.
Hand Fight Drill
For the first 30 seconds of the drill, the wrestlers are hand fighting, and for the last 30 seconds of the drill, the wrestlers are takedown drilling.
Check out an additional clip from the Championship Productions’ DVD “Focused and Fundamental Drilling on the Feet.” If you’re interested in more Wrestling videos on Practice Organization, click here.
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, November 8, 2013
Just learning to coach wrestling for the first time? Still relatively new to coaching wrestling? We’ve packaged together all the essentials you need to coach wrestling with confidence this year! All for only $149.89! A ‘new coach-friendly’ savings of $67.07!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, September 27, 2013
Dave Malecek has led UW-L to a top-four finish at the NCAA D-III National Championships in seven straight seasons, including five top-three finishes! Now, you can see three days of live practice at the University of Wisconsin La Crosse. Coach Malecek delivers a candid look at what has made the UWL program so successful and why athletes love to wrestle at UWL.
- Discover the drills, techniques and culture that catapulted Dave Malecek to the top of the D-III rankings
- Learn an “Over-tie Series” your athletes can use when they get beat to the inside on a tie and how they can consistently attack the legs
- Learn Coach Malecek’s “Over, Under, and Around” drill to get your athlete’s scoring from all positions on their feet
- See how intense drilling can be key to developing technique and perfecting it at match speed
Purchase any 3 All Access Wrestling DVDs for only $99.99 each with promo code WR99AA!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, June 22, 2012
We have just released two Wrestling DVDs featuring University of Wisconsin – La Crosse Head Coach, Dave Malecek. He is a 5x conference coach of the year and 2007 NCAA Rookie Coach of the Year. The titles of these two new Wrestling DVDs are:
Weight Room to Wrestling Room
- Learn to use specific lifts to simulate wrestling situations
- See live demonstrations of both the exercises and application to wrestling
- Create a stronger and more explosive wrestler
Focused and Fundamental Drilling on the Feet
- Learn shot defense drills that will prevent your opponent from scoring and lead into an offensive attack
- See how to make one drill into a series of drills, which allows wrestlers to learn to adapt to their opponents and to make drilling more realistic
- Drill your team with proper shadow wrestling to develop good movement and footwork in conjunction with hand motion
Purchase both of these excellent DVDs together as the Dave Malecek’s Wrestling Drills 2-Pack and save $10!