By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, February 8, 2013
Here we have University of Illinois Head Women’s Volleyball Coach, Kevin Hambly, has his players demonstrate for you progression drills to work the hitting motion. These exercises involve a medicine ball and develop a safe, effective and powerful attack.
Make your motions quick to the target and stay tall as you follow through. Also, keep your shoulder back as you are winding-up for the throw.
Take a look at an additional clip from the DVD: Arm Swing Progressions for High Power Attacking. Also, view other Kevin Hambly DVDs over at our massive Volleyball DVD collection!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, June 4, 2012
We have recently released 4 Soccer DVDs featuring Alan Kirkup. He is an Assistant Coach at the University of Florida and a former Manchester United! Learn world class instruction with these Soccer DVDs:
Attacking and Defending Out of the 4-2-3-1
- Learn to overload opposing defenses by attacking with your defensive backs
- Cut the field in half defensively to cover less space
- Create numerical advantages in areas of the pitch where your opponent is most vulnerable
- Adjust the 4-2-3-1 to work effectively against different systems
Attacking Exercises to Improve Soccer Technique
- Train your players to make effective key runs when attacking–near post, far post, and trailing
- Set up wing drills that provide players with combination ideas that will translate directly in to game matches
- Challenge players decision-making in the box with rapid service drills
- Use possession based drills to improve your players’ technical ability as they move through a variety of low pressure 2 v 1 drills to high pressure 3 v 2 drills
Running a Dynamic Soccer Practice
- Train players dynamically to create a more realistic and game-like training environment
- Incorporate variations to standard warm-up activities to improve first touch
- Foster and encourage a creative mindset in players through passing combinations and possession game
- All drills are presented in a live practice setting!
Maximize the Efficiency of Your Training Sessions
- Maximize your athletes’ touches on the ball during warm-ups and training
- Build dynamic stretching exercises between drills to save time and enhance performance
- Learn exercises to improve the technical aspects of the players game including first touch control, volleying, chest control and heading prowess
- Integrate physical training exercises into competitive, small-sided games
- Employ the right type of games and exercises to create a naturally competitive environment
Purchase the Alan Kirkup 4-Pack and save $20!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, March 2, 2012
We have just released two Soccer DVDs featuring Betty Ann Kempf-Townsley. She is the West Chester University Women’s Soccer Head Coach and all time winningest in school history. The names of the new Soccer DVDs are:
Championship Progression for Individual and Team Attacking
Train your players to take on defenders using sound techniques and tactics
Encourage players to use combination play and creativity to pull defenders out of position
Teach players to play the ball quickly in order to attack space and make effective scoring runs
Show players how to most effectively take advantage of crossing and scoring situations
Use small-sided games so that players learn how to attack in a natural soccer environment
Championship Progression for Individual and Team Defending
Bring together individual and team defending concepts required to force your opponent to play backwards or to win the ball and attack
Conduct a step-by-step training progression to instruct defenders on individual and team defending concepts
Train defenders to close in on attackers and to use their body to isolate attackers
Train players to understand the concepts of pressure, cover, and balance
Buy these two DVDs together and save $5!
Championship Progressions for Teaching Attacking and Defending in Soccer
By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, July 14, 2009
We have recently released The Complete Guide to Volleyball Technique, Tactics and Drills. This volleyball DVD series features Russ Rose, Bond Shymansky, Terry Gamble, Joe Lynch, Jim Moore, and Kim Oden!
The Complete Guide to Setting: Technique, Tactics & Drills
The Complete Guide to Serving: Technique, Tactics & Drills
The Complete Guide to Passing: Technique, Tactics & Drills
The Complete Guide to Attacking: Technique, Tactics, & Drills
The Complete Guide to Defense: Technique, Tactics, & Drills
The Complete Guide to Blocking: Technique, Tactics & Drills