By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, January 10, 2014
University of Louisville Head Coach, Anne Kordes, shows you a unique approach drill in this clip. Players will approach the ball, swing and miss, then head the ball over the net. This allows your athletes to work on their full approach.
Full Approach Exercise
CHECK OUT more valuable insight from an additional clip of “Attacking Fundamentals for Volleyball.” VIEW other world class Attacking videos in our massive Volleyball library!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, December 6, 2013
Kevin Hambly is the University of Illinois Head Coach and his team was the 2011 NCAA Runners-up. Coach Hambly will help your attackers develop confidence in their movements by showing them how to rotate and jump properly.
You Go, I Throw
This exercise is part of a progression which is discussed in the full DVD.
View an additional clip from the video: AAU Volleyball Skill Progressions: Attacking. Also, view other Attacking videos from our massive Volleyball collection!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, November 8, 2013
Learn three different types of attacks in this segment that you can use to frustrate the opponent’s defense. Former U.S. national team player, Lizzy Stemke, provides you with tips which will also increase the power in your attacking hits.
Key Concepts for the Attack
The three ways your hand can contact the ball is: high snap, cross body, and wrist away. It is also important to get in the frame position at the start of your attacking move.
View an additional clip from the video: Training the Keys to a First Ball Side Out. Also, view other Serve/Receive videos from our massive Volleyball collection!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, February 8, 2013
Here we have University of Illinois Head Women’s Volleyball Coach, Kevin Hambly, has his players demonstrate for you progression drills to work the hitting motion. These exercises involve a medicine ball and develop a safe, effective and powerful attack.
Make your motions quick to the target and stay tall as you follow through. Also, keep your shoulder back as you are winding-up for the throw.
Take a look at an additional clip from the DVD: Arm Swing Progressions for High Power Attacking. Also, view other Kevin Hambly DVDs over at our massive Volleyball DVD collection!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, June 4, 2012
We have recently released 4 Soccer DVDs featuring Alan Kirkup. He is an Assistant Coach at the University of Florida and a former Manchester United! Learn world class instruction with these Soccer DVDs:
Attacking and Defending Out of the 4-2-3-1
- Learn to overload opposing defenses by attacking with your defensive backs
- Cut the field in half defensively to cover less space
- Create numerical advantages in areas of the pitch where your opponent is most vulnerable
- Adjust the 4-2-3-1 to work effectively against different systems
Attacking Exercises to Improve Soccer Technique
- Train your players to make effective key runs when attacking–near post, far post, and trailing
- Set up wing drills that provide players with combination ideas that will translate directly in to game matches
- Challenge players decision-making in the box with rapid service drills
- Use possession based drills to improve your players’ technical ability as they move through a variety of low pressure 2 v 1 drills to high pressure 3 v 2 drills
Running a Dynamic Soccer Practice
- Train players dynamically to create a more realistic and game-like training environment
- Incorporate variations to standard warm-up activities to improve first touch
- Foster and encourage a creative mindset in players through passing combinations and possession game
- All drills are presented in a live practice setting!
Maximize the Efficiency of Your Training Sessions
- Maximize your athletes’ touches on the ball during warm-ups and training
- Build dynamic stretching exercises between drills to save time and enhance performance
- Learn exercises to improve the technical aspects of the players game including first touch control, volleying, chest control and heading prowess
- Integrate physical training exercises into competitive, small-sided games
- Employ the right type of games and exercises to create a naturally competitive environment
Purchase the Alan Kirkup 4-Pack and save $20!