By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, November 19, 2012
Get great instruction from 2010 and 2011 USA Select National Team Lead Coach Anne Kordes answers these questions while teaching you the pros and cons of offensive and defensive systems. You will see how you can customize each system to the needs of your team or even the needs of an individual match. Look at all these two Volleyball DVDs have to offer:
AAU Coaching Girls Volleyball Series: Winning Offensive Systems
- Discover three effective offensive systems that are used from middle school level to the national teams – and the pros and cons of each
- Learn how to set your rotations to capitalize on your teams individual strengths
- Learn how to choose your offense based on the skill of your setter
- Features Anne Kordes, USA Select National Team Lead Coach and 2012 AVCA President
AAU Coaching Girls Volleyball Series: Winning Defensive Systems
- Learn how to choose a defense that best suits the skills of your team
- Discover three effective defenses that are used from the middle school level to the national teams
- Teach each defensive system using the same four cue words
- Learn to use in-game adjustments to counter your opponent’s strengths
Develop the complete system by purchasing AAU Coaching Girls Volleyball: Winning Systems Set and you will save $5!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, November 12, 2012
Enhance your ball control with some great drills featuring Anne Kordes, former St. Louis University Head Coach and current Head Coach at the University of Louisville. She was also chosen as the 2010 and 2011 USA Select National Team Lead Coach. Energize your ball control training with these excellent exercises.
Here you will see variations of the Up & Back Passing Drill. This fast paced workout focuses on creating great passing and setting touch. Get low and drive yourself up using your legs to generate the right amount of force.
Check out an additional clip from the product page of “Game Speed Ball Control Drills.” See high quality Passing DVDs and other Volleyball DVDs from our huge video library!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Here is your chance to learn ball control drills from University of Louisville Head Women’s Volleyball Coach, Anne Kordes. She is a former St. Louis University Women’s Volleyball Coach and was a 3x Atlantic 10 Conference Coach of the Year. Watch the Butterfly Drill which improves ball control. The drills are timed and fast pace to emulate game situations! Use a punch serve to make it more difficult for the receiver and to develop more consistent serves.
Tips: Athletes, make sure when making contact with the ball to work on dropping your shoulder and tilt toward the ball. Coaches, add some variety to the drill by having a player spring toward the net to apply pressure.
View an additional clip from the product page of “One Court, One Coach, Max Reps.” Also, take a look at more high quality Anne Kordes DVDs and other world class instructional Volleyball DVDs.
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, November 21, 2011
Recently, a five disc Volleyball DVD set has been released that features the University of Louisville coaching staff and special guest speaker, Dr. Cecile Reynaud. Both of which have a great amount of success and experience in the sport of volleyball. The title of this five disc set is:
2011 University of Louisville Volleyball Coaches Clinic
- Informative sessions on running practices, defensive strategy, technique errors and corrections and more
- Get over five informative hours of on-court instruction from top coaches
- Learn to coach properly run drills to help your team learn defensive techniques and maximize touches
- Identify and correct common serving, setting, attacking and passing errors
- Identify weaknesses in your current defensive system and adjust to cover for them
- Learn drills that will keep your entire team busy during practice
- Use stats and tendencies to exploit your opponent
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Thursday, February 24, 2011
Learn new Volleyball skills, drills, and strategies from Terry Petitt, Carl Mcgown, Fran Flory, Beth Launiere, Peggy Martin, and Anne Kordes!
Training a Setter with “Deliberate Practice”
- Learn from legendary coach Terry Pettit
- Over 20 drills for developing setters
- Includes individual, partner, and system situational drills
Forearm Passing: How the Best Do It!
- See statistically-proven forearm passing protocols
- Learn the five keys to successful forearm passing
- Learn a drill progression for effectively teaching passing technique
Winning the Middle: Getting Your Middles More Swings
- Get higher percentage shots by setting your middles more
- Strategic solutions for your middle hitting challenges
- Learn how to develop your middle with smaller or slower players
- Learn strategies, system ideas and drills for creating a fast middle attack
Swing Blocking: Strategies, Progressions & Drills
- Take advantage of your blockers’ athleticism
- Allow your blockers to jump higher by fully using their arms
- Learn a swing blocking progression appropriate for any level player
- Includes eye sequencing strategies to enhance your blocking game
The Re-Emergence of the 6-2 System
- Learn the benefits of the 6-2 system
- Includes rotations in the 6-2
- Make the most out of your personnel
Taking Advantage of Your Disadvantages: Designing Systems That Fit You
- Learn how to play with the cards you are dealt
- Learn how to adapt to unexpected change during the season
- Includes specific situations for solving position personnel challenges