By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, July 15, 2013
Technical skill, tactical awareness and fitness may enable your team to control possession, but it won’t put the ball into the back of the net. Former Manchester United player and current University of Florida Assistant Coach, Alan Kirkup, shows you 30 exercises you can use to first develop skill and then generate a creative scoring culture on your team. Discover exercises that will help build your next finishing session!
30 Shooting Exercises to Score Goals
- Encourage player creativity and generate more goals as a result!
- Train your players to cross, shoot and finish with quickness and creativity
- Use simple, effective communication to get the ball to an open teammate
- Build complexity into your scoring drills to challenge your players
Learn more exceptional drills and formations from Alan Kirkup:
By nate.landas - Last updated: Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The widely popular Tiki Taka style of play, made popular by both Barcelona and the Spanish National Team, can dismantle teams when implemented properly. Although many coaches would embrace the chance to dominate with this style, the only way to get to that point is through effective technical skill and a thoughtful tactical approach. Former Manchester United player, Alan Kirkup, teaches you how to bring Tiki Taka alive with your team.
Also, pick up attacking drills that will help prepare your team for a dynamic possession game and force your opponent to chase you throughout the match. Using alternating practice footage with detailed drill introductions, this DVD outlines multiple drills that will prepare your team to play Tiki Taka soccer.
The Tiki-Taka Style of Play
- Control the pace of the game through effective and efficient possession
- Coach your players to recognize and exploit numbers advantages
- Develop creativity and patience in the final third
Attacking Exercises for Tiki-Taka Soccer
- Beat your opponent with creative possession
- Show players how to apply attacking pressure and break through defensive lines
- Teach quick, accurate passing in small spaces to develop the technical abilities required for the Tiki Taka style of play
- Teach your players to recognize and react appropriately when your team is numbers up or numbers down
By nate.landas - Last updated: Monday, June 4, 2012
We have recently released 4 Soccer DVDs featuring Alan Kirkup. He is an Assistant Coach at the University of Florida and a former Manchester United! Learn world class instruction with these Soccer DVDs:
Attacking and Defending Out of the 4-2-3-1
- Learn to overload opposing defenses by attacking with your defensive backs
- Cut the field in half defensively to cover less space
- Create numerical advantages in areas of the pitch where your opponent is most vulnerable
- Adjust the 4-2-3-1 to work effectively against different systems
Attacking Exercises to Improve Soccer Technique
- Train your players to make effective key runs when attacking–near post, far post, and trailing
- Set up wing drills that provide players with combination ideas that will translate directly in to game matches
- Challenge players decision-making in the box with rapid service drills
- Use possession based drills to improve your players’ technical ability as they move through a variety of low pressure 2 v 1 drills to high pressure 3 v 2 drills
Running a Dynamic Soccer Practice
- Train players dynamically to create a more realistic and game-like training environment
- Incorporate variations to standard warm-up activities to improve first touch
- Foster and encourage a creative mindset in players through passing combinations and possession game
- All drills are presented in a live practice setting!
Maximize the Efficiency of Your Training Sessions
- Maximize your athletes’ touches on the ball during warm-ups and training
- Build dynamic stretching exercises between drills to save time and enhance performance
- Learn exercises to improve the technical aspects of the players game including first touch control, volleying, chest control and heading prowess
- Integrate physical training exercises into competitive, small-sided games
- Employ the right type of games and exercises to create a naturally competitive environment
Purchase the Alan Kirkup 4-Pack and save $20!