By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, February 24, 2012
Here are two new Soccer DVDs featuring Clemson University Men’s Assistant Coach, John Murphy. He is the first foreign born coach to earn a UEFA “A” Goalkeeper Coaching Badge from the English Football Association. The titles of the Soccer DVDs are:
Defending Central Attacks: Goalkeeper Training
Blend your goalie’s individual techniques and responsibilities into your team concept
Discover drills to improve footwork and to get your keepers a lot of touches in a short amount of time
Set up a variety of shot stopping situations using coach-controlled and athlete-controlled exercises
See how to incorporate your keeper into attacking principles
Know when to catch and when to redirect shots
Defending Central Attacks: Integrating Goalkeepers and Field Players
Learn how to integrate goalkeepers into the full team practice session
Discover simple ways for your goalkeeper to develop leadership skills on the field
Develop an attacking mindset with Murphy’s small sided game that forces players to look for chances to score
Your chance to see how the University of Clemson organizes a training session
Learn a simple warm up drill that helps a goalkeeper to develop their foot skills
Purchase these two DVDs together and save $5!
The Goalkeeper’s Keys to Defending Central Attacks 2-Pack
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, November 18, 2011
New to our online selection are three Soccer DVDs featuring Brandon Koons. He coaches his team to the 2010 NCAA D-III Final Four and has been OAC Coach of the Year five times. The titles of the Soccer DVDs are:
Creating an Attacking Mindset
- Train players to penetrate through and over defensive lines
- Encourage players to take on defenders in 1v1 situations
- Help players identify situations that can exploit the opposing defense
- Give players confidence to attack and finish
Attacking and Defending Set Pieces
- Teach your players to aggressively attack an opponent’s goal kick
- Learn to anticipate where the opponent is going to try and play a ball
- See a simple way to attack and defend on throw in’s
- Learn different ways to attack on corner kicks
- Get different tactics to use when taking free kicks
Defending Tactics and Exercises
- Understand basic principles of defending in easy to understand terms
- Train players on the roles of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd defenders
- Understand importance of communication and your team’s “line of confrontation”
- Train players on the importance of compactness and shifting
Purchase the three DVDs together and save $10!
Brandon Koons’ Attacking and Defending 3-Pack
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Featured in two new Soccer DVDs are Head Men’s Soccer Coach at the University of California – Santa Barbara Tim Vom Steeg and Head Men’s Soccer Coach at the University of North Carolina Elmar Bolowich! These two coaches offer coaching points you won’t want to miss!
Finishing Drills for Soccer with Tim Von Steeg
- Develop tighter shooting accuracy
- Learn “no pressure” exercises that will develop sound shooting fundamentals
- Train your players to make more rebound goals
Transition Offense Session: Fast Break vs. Build Up with Elmar Bolowich
- Get a complete transition session you can immediately plug in to your program
- Learn when to fast break and when to build-up
- Use fast-paced games to develop speed and passing accuracy in your players
Tim Vom Steeg is a 2x NSCAA National Coach of the Year (2004 & 2006) and a 2x Big West Conference Coach of the Year. He is also the all time winningest coach in Big West history and was inducted in the California Community College Coaches Hall of Fame in 2008.
Elmar Bolowich has guided the Tar Heels to the 2001 NCAA championship and was a national finalist in 2008 and 2009. In 2010, the Tar Heels were a semifinalist in the NCAA tournament.
By mike.oconnell - Last updated: Thursday, January 27, 2011
New soccer DVDs to improve your team! Implementing the topics covered in these four DVDs will help your team reach new heights!
30 Minute Soccer Clinic – Speed and Agility
30 Minute Soccer Clinic – High Pressure Team Defending
30 Minute Soccer Clinic – Creating Space
30 Minute Soccer Clinic – Goalkeeping
30 minute soccer clinic DVDs provide quality instruction demonstrated in a condensed training session approximately 30 minutes. However, the drills and exercises in this DVD can be conducted as a complete training session or utilized in your training sessions regularly throughout the season!