By nate.landas - Last updated: Thursday, January 10, 2013
Gone are the days when you can throw an un-skilled, un-athletic player back on defense because he can’t play offense. The defenseman plays a critical role in lacrosse and requires skill and athleticism. Brodie Merrill, pro lacrosse player(MLL), draws upon his experience in both box and field lacrosse to present this Lacrosse DVD on the most important defensive skills needed to be successful in the game today.
Brodie Merrill’s ‘Defensive Player of the Year’ Skills and Drills
- Learn the five core fundamentals of defense
- Discover techniques and checks that will keep you and your stick in the proper position to take the ball away
- Learn the differences between the field game using a long stick and the box game using a short stick and more compact defensive sets
Interested in more defensive Lacrosse DVDs? Check out these great items:
Developing On-Ball Defenders Behind the Net
Fundamental Defense Drills for Winning Lacrosse
Becoming a Champion: The Defenseman
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, October 26, 2012
These two Lacrosse DVDs provides the tools necessary to help coaches build better lacrosse players and help players strengthen their abilities. The depth and detail provided in this DVD will make it your go-to tool for teaching lacrosse fundamentals. Learn youth Lacrosse instruction from two New Jersey high school state championship coaches in these two great DVDs:
CrosseTrainer: Building Proper Stick Skills with Color (Boys)
- Use the Crosse Trainer wrap with the drills on this DVD to quickly improve your stickwork in all areas of the game
- Great training aid for developing young players and older players alike
- Learn footwork techniques, body positioning, dodging skills and more that will make you an offensive threat
By nate.landas - Last updated: Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Watch and learn from John Combs, director of Team ONE lacrosse and former Head Coach of the Chicago Machine (MLL). Gets the basics on lacrosse, and coaches and athletes of any youth level will be able to use these tips to improve their game. The title of this Lacrosse DVD is:
Fundamental Skills and Drills for Youth Lacrosse
- Learn to teach beginning and intermediate lacrosse skills to young athletes
- Use “skill stacking” to make lacrosse concepts easier to teach and execute
- Use game-like drills to prepare your team for competition
Looking for more products similar to this one? Then view our Youth Lacrosse Coaching Collection!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, September 7, 2012
Learn the ins and outs of the Stanford University lacrosse team with Head Coach, Amy Bokker. She is also an Assistant Coach and Defensive coordinator for the US Women’s National Lacrosse team. By following this video, you can help your team get more out of your practice time and reach your highest potential! See more of this Lacrosse DVD below:
All Access Stanford Lacrosse Practice
- Watch three days of live Stanford Women’s Lacrosse practice!
- Learn drills to train your players’ to be quick and decisive on their defensive coverage
- Get practice drills to improve your players’ stick handling and confidence
- Get your players a lot of touches on ball using 3 player post passing and ground ball drills
If you like this product, check out more videos from our All Access Lacrosse DVD collection!