By nate.landas - Last updated: Thursday, November 7, 2013
With the new rule changes, you may be forced to play zone defense to keep out of foul trouble. On the flip side, you’ll need to learn how to beat the zone as well. And for these two topics, we have got you covered! Browse our large collection of zone offense and zone defense instruction from our best selling authors.
CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINKS TO FIND OUT MORE:
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, October 25, 2013
Coach Tubby Smith provides an inside look at three days of intense workouts. From defensive principles to offensive entries to his annual coach’s clinic, you’ll see everything that contributes to his overall success.
All Access Basketball Practice with Tubby Smith
- Get a first-hand look at NCAA Champion and Naismith Coach of the Year Tubby Smith’s offensive and defensive philosophy
- Get pick-and-roll entries that deliver back-door layups and open jumpers in the paint
- Learn progressive defensive build-up drills; 1-on-1 turn, 2-on-2 side, 3-on-3 screen away, 4-on-4 shell, and 5-on-5 half court
By nate.landas - Last updated: Tuesday, October 22, 2013
We’ve packaged together all the essentials you need to coach basketball with confidence this year! All for only $199.99! A ‘new coach-friendly’ savings of $73!
By nate.landas - Last updated: Friday, October 11, 2013
The “Swing Offense” is one of the most successful offenses being used today at the high school and university levels. Seattle Pacific University Head Coach Ryan Looney explains how this offense helps promote unselfishness, limits turnovers, provides great spacing, multiple players post up opportunities, and allows them to get to the free throw line. Check out Coach Looney’s three video series on the Swing Offense.
- Learn a transition system that provides early scoring chances off of post-ups, 3’s and ball screens
- Create great spacing that will provide your players with plenty of scoring opportunities
- Incorporate the up screen and flex screen into your half court swing offense to create easy scoring opportunities near the basket
- Discover a series of entries for getting a quick score or for seamlessly flowing into the Swing Offense
- Learn three pressure release entries that will keep opponents honest as they try to deny the passing lanes and pressure you in the half court
- Learn a dribble entry for the Swing Offense that will exploit mismatches
- Get three half court sets that utilize post screening to create high/low scoring opportunities
- Get six breakdown drills and concepts that will get your team easy baskets and more trips to the free throw line
- Learn how to breakdown the up screen, flex screen, and wing ball screen into effective workout sessions
- Learn drills for training guards to use ball screens and training post players to score down low