Leading his team to the 2012 NCAA Frozen Four, Rick Bennett, knows what it takes to win games using the defensive zone. Coach Bennett covers detailed aspects of the game that most coaches would overlook. You’ll learn eight key defensive zone concepts, four defensive zone face-offs (including pointers from a goalie’s perspective) and three defensive zone drills. Adopting Coach Bennett’s concepts will help your team limit your opponents’ shots on goal and allow you to quickly exit your defensive zone.
- Use a progressive approach to coaching defensive zone concepts
- Learn 8 key concepts to Defensive Zone Coverage
- How the use of your stick will extend your defensive capabilities
- Teach your players to stay square to your man defensively and why keeping your heels to the net will help you avoid secondary scoring opportunities
- Learn advanced defensive zone face-offs to win the puck and quickly move it out of your defensive zone
Get more best selling instruction with these great Hockey DVDs below: