Anonymous
questions on new tapes.
July 10, 2006 05:53PM
I'm considering purchasing a few tapes and I was wondering how good they are. My first question is about John smith's new tape on scrambling. Does it cover any new ideas or show some unique ways of handling the front headlock or getting sprawled out other than posting a hand? Smith was one of the most tenacious wrestlers I've ever seen and I'm hoping he shows some of his principles that helped him to fight through everyone's defenses.
Also, his new tape on breakdowns..What kinds of takedowns does he show against an opponent that gets to their feet? What other ideas does he explain about breakdowns besides the basics of the chop and spiral ride? Does he give fresh insights about how to make these techniques effective??

The new tape by Ironside on the Sitback series looks very interesting. Does it cover the moves well enough to make them work against the typical situations that occur? Does it teach how to really make the sitout/sitback style of defense effective for the average wrestler??
How well does the info on the tape compare with the other defensive related tapes such as john smith's new standup tape or the Brands's standup tape, or Barry Davis' tape on defending against leg rides?
I need a strong tape on defensive power. But, I'm not sure which one or 2 tapes will give me the core skills and techniques to really make my techniques strong and adaptable?

Thanks, Mark Tennenhouse
Anonymous
questions on new tapes.
July 13, 2006 03:21PM
Thanks for the very helpful info. I ordered the tapes by John Smith and Ironside that you suggested. Looking forward to them very much..
I have a few more questions about tapes..
What did you think about Rob Eiter's new tapes on the High crotch and warm up drills? What kinds of things are covered on these 2 that are interesting?? Does his info provide a few fresh ideas on the high crotch??

Also, for defense, which tapes are the most interesting??
The one by Randy Lewis looks unique and especially interesting. The way he jumps to the side and drives using that angle is suprising.
I was also considering the new one by Rob Koll (defending leg attacks) because it looks like it covers some important essentials.The third tape by John Smith on an Offensive Defense looks like he covers some important defenses but does he do a good job on that tape? Which one's did you find most interesting and useful??

Thanks again,
MTennenhouse
nate.landas
questions on new tapes.
July 11, 2006 02:47PM
John Smith's new Scrambling tape would be an excellent choice. He covers areas where the wrestler is flat on his belly, from a front headlock, double unders and more. The technique he shows versus a front headlock is the Peekout. All the techniques he covers he used in his career. When we pitched the idea he was very excited about it and did a great job explaining in great detail how the moves work.

As far as the breakdowns go, he spends most f the time on the chop and spiral ride. Again, these are the same techniques he teaches his wrestlers so if you have seen any Oklahoma State matches, that is what you will be learning. As far as a wrestler getting to his feet, the move he shows is a "knee sweep" and a lift - basic stuff, but very useful for heavyweight wrestlers.

I can't say enough about the Ironside Sitback tape - it is excellent. The move works great for those wrestlers that don't have a very explosive first move. Ironside shows how to work it against many different situations, and I think the technique is so simple that any level wrestler can make it work.

These tapes are great!
Dan Gable
Re: questions on new tapes.
November 13, 2007 08:41PM
nate.landas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John Smith's new Scrambling tape would be an
> excellent choice. He covers areas where the
> wrestler is flat on his belly, from a front
> headlock, double unders and more. The technique he
> shows versus a front headlock is the Peekout. All
> the techniques he covers he used in his career.
> When we pitched the idea he was very excited about
> it and did a great job explaining in great detail
> how the moves work.
>
> As far as the breakdowns go, he spends most f the
> time on the chop and spiral ride. Again, these are
> the same techniques he teaches his wrestlers so if
> you have seen any Oklahoma State matches, that is
> what you will be learning. As far as a wrestler
> getting to his feet, the move he shows is a "knee
> sweep" and a lift - basic stuff, but very useful
> for heavyweight wrestlers.
>
> I can't say enough about the Ironside Sitback tape
> - it is excellent. The move works great for those
> wrestlers that don't have a very explosive first
> move. Ironside shows how to work it against many
> different situations, and I think the technique is
> so simple that any level wrestler can make it
> work.
>
> These tapes are great!

in my heart i believe that Kevin Pierce of westlake is by far the gretest wrestler to ever grace the mat
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 12?