May 01, 2005 10:54PM
I wanted a to learn more about match up zones. Would you recommend

Lute Olson: 1-1-3 and 1-3-1 Match-Up Zone Defenses,
Jim Boeheim's Complete Guide to the 2-3 Match-up Zone Defense,
or another video
Anonymous
match up zones
May 02, 2005 11:25AM
Does anyone know what the Michigan State women's basketball coach video is like? Is it any good? What are some of the best match-up videos?
Anonymous
match up zones
May 02, 2005 02:11PM
I was at the coaches clinic this past weekend in Connecticut. I was very disappointed because I only caught the last 30 minutes of Coach McCallie's talk on the match-up. I am definately going to get the video because she may have been the best speaker of the weekend. Hope this helps.
Anonymous
match up zones
May 04, 2005 07:14AM
I was also at the clinic and I was impressed with Coach Hewitt's Point Zone Defense. If you can get your kids to talk and communicate, I felt it is better than the Match-Up defense presented by the Michigan State Women's Coach
Anonymous
match up zones
May 04, 2005 09:48AM
Why do you believe that the point zone is better than the match-up zone? I am not familiar with the point zone defense that is why I am asking. I would love to hear back from you.
Anonymous
match up zones
May 04, 2005 11:30AM
The main reason has to do with the fact that the Point-Zone Defense is easier to deal with four factors: screens, picks, block out responsibilities and weak side coverage. The one thing they have in common is the need for your players to communicate.
Anonymous
match up zones
May 04, 2005 11:40AM
So you think that point zone is easier to learn, but is it harder to attack than the match-up zone? I just want a zone that is a little bit different and someone has to prepare for it. I used Tark's amoeba a little bit this year, but didn't like it, because people can use skip passes to stretch it out and attack it.
Anonymous
match up zones
May 05, 2005 04:17PM
The point- zone by coach Hewitt was very interesting. It was the first time I'd ever seen or heard anything like it. I felt that Coach McCallie's might be easier to teach at the high school level. If you could get your kids to communicate extremely well, the point zone could be lethal at the high school level.
Anonymous
match up zones
May 08, 2005 11:49AM
I agree with you on the Point-Zone defense. As I said before, the point-zone defense is all about communication. If you have time to put this in the summer, I would suggest it. If you wait until the season to try and put it in, it may not be as successful. You must also spend a good 20 minutes per day in practice to deal with how your players must communicate. But if you can do this effectively, the defense is dangerous and impossible to scout!!!!!!
Anonymous
match up zones
May 09, 2005 03:09AM
I dont know POINT-Zone ... never heard the term either, could someone be so kind and explain, what that is all about?

Thanks
Anonymous
match up zones
May 17, 2005 08:17AM
The Point Zone is a variation of the Match-Up Zone defense. It starts off as a 2-3 zone alignment with the guard and the forward diagonal from each other. On the first pass, the guard yells "point". It signals he is guarding the ball. At that time, the partner of the guard yells "hole". This says he has the weak side help position. It is more difficult to teach the rotations but if done correctly, it is a lethal defense that will confuse most coaches. The reason is it looks like a zone and based on a cut or pass, it then looks like a man.
Anonymous
match up zones
September 01, 2005 09:38AM
any notes drills, etc?
Bill Mountjoy
Re: match up zones
November 13, 2009 12:22PM
Get ANYTHING by Bill Green on Match Up Zones!
Bill Mountjoy
Re: match up zones
November 16, 2009 11:56AM
Championship Products should get John Chaney to do a DVD on his famous "Match Up Zone". There is a book out on the subject - but a DVD would be better!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 19?