Anonymous
Must have videos?
April 25, 2005 02:59AM
Hi there,

the season is over and the time for new inspirations has come to make good solid plans for the new season.

Which videos (covering all relevant topics from the fundamentals to motion offense to zone offense) would your recommend? Which video ist the best buy in each category? Which are MUST HAVE's?

Lets say at least the following topics:

- practice drills
- shooting
- fundamental skills (dribbling, ball handling, passing...)
- zone offense
- man to man offense
- motion offense
- full court press defense
- zone defense (2-3, 1-3-1, 3-2)
- man to man defense
- strength

I plan buying the 2-DVD-Packs from Morgan Wootten and Hubie Brown (Secrets of winning basketball), in which way does this videos are different to the videos of these authors before? Is it worth to buy, if you have the others? (by the way, will championshipproductions.com offer the 2-DVD set from Morgan Wootten soon too?)

Thanks for an answer

Coach Mueller
Anonymous
Must have videos?
April 25, 2005 06:15AM
After having a look in all the other topics, i found out, that mostly the answer were 3 or 4 videos for recommendations. Thats good. Perhaps there should be a Top3 video rating for each category, i asked for?

I think, that would be helpful fpr every customer searching for the video, that fits his or her needs.

I would like to add the following topics:

- press breaking

Thanks a lot
Anonymous
Must have videos?
April 26, 2005 01:18AM
Not a single answer? :roll:

Come on, someone should have an opinion and share this with us!

Maybe, everyone gives us a TOP3 for one category, he is used to, ok? :idea:
Anonymous
Must have videos?
April 28, 2005 07:15AM
Ok, after researching a bit, that Top3, which i want to share and discuss with you all, came out:

- practice drills
Bruce Weber: 20 Competitive Drills for a Championship Defense
Kelvin Sampson: Building the Competitive Fire - Developing a Strong Team Identity
Roy Williams: The Carolina Defensive Numbering System & Drills

- shooting
Steve Alford's Competitive Shooting Drills
The Shot: Shooting Drills & Techniques

- fundamental skills (dribbling, ball handling, passing...)
Ganon Baker's "Superman" Workout for all Players
Ganon Baker: Training in the Triple Threat - 34 Ways to Create Space
35 Street Moves You Can Use

- zone offense
Bruce Weber: Motion Zone Offense
Jim Foster: The Multi-Purpose Zone Offense
Tony Barone: The "X" Zone Offense

- man to man offense
Dan Dakich: Teaching the Five-Man Motion Offense
Dana Altman: The Complete Guide to the High Post Offense vs. Any Defense
Bob Huggins: Open Post Motion Offense

- motion offense
Mark Few: Flex for Success
Paul Hewitt: Installing the 4-Out 1-In Motion Offense
Geno Auriemma: Teaching the High Post and Triangle Offenses

- press breaking
Dave Odom: How to Beat Any Pressure Defense!
Bill Self: Breaking Presses with a 1-3-1 Alignment
Jim Harrick: Building a Complete Press Break Attack

- full court press defense
Tubby Smith: Full- and Half-Court Pressure Defense System
Billy Donovan: Mastering the Full-Court Match-Up Press
C. Vivian Stringer: The 55 Full-Court Pressure Defense

- zone defense (2-3, 1-3-1, 3-2)
Jim Boeheim's Complete Guide to the 2-3 Match-up Zone Defense
Lute Olson: 1-1-3 and 1-3-1 Match-Up Zone Defenses
Wayne Morgan: Mastering the 2-3 Zone Defense

- man to man defense
Roy Williams: The Carolina Defensive Numbering System & Drills
Tom Izzo: Dominating Rebounding & Man-to-Man Defensive Drills
Geno Auriemma: 8 Essential Defensive Drills

- strength
Becoming a Champion Basketball Player: Five-Star's Training Program for Elite Athletes
Bill Maxwell: Strength, Power, & Speed for Basketball

Do you agree with this recommendations? Which of the videos you know is useful/-less, brings a lot of knowledge/ or not, gives you new ideas/ or not and is woth the money/ or not?

Thanks for answers

Coach Mueller

Does someone own/know the 2 DVD Packs from Morgan Wootten or Hubie Brown? Are they worth to buy?
Anonymous
Must have videos?
April 28, 2005 07:58AM
I do own the Hubie Brown 2 pack. Some of the information overlaps, but overall I would say this is a great buy. The Dakich tape is great at teaching the kids how to play. I feel anything by Weber is a great tape because he is a great teacher of the game. I own just about everything that has come out with Steve Alford and haven't been disappointed yet. As far as the Full Ct. Press- I truly believe the best stuff is by Bobby Gonzalez. I own the Donovan tape and still feel like the Gonzalez trilogy is the best on the market. I really like the Dennis Felton tape for man to man defense. He is very detailed in how to teach the different aspects of the game and includes some great drills. The Matt Dougherty tape is a great buy at $20 in the "sale rack" on Championships website. In my opinion, I would stay away from the Wayne Morgan Zone tape. There are others much better. Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Must have videos?
April 28, 2005 08:00AM
What i wonder about that list, that in no category appears a video of Jerry Petitgoue, Morgan Wootten, Bob Knight, Jerry Krause ... how comes that? moody smiley:

I was thinking about some work of them.
Anonymous
Must have videos?
April 28, 2005 09:01AM
How does the DUKES MOTION OFFENSE by Coach K fits into this ranking? Is it worth to buy? Are the newer videos by other Coaches better?
Anonymous
Must have videos?
May 04, 2005 04:18AM
When does you expect the Coach K Series to be finished? And what topics will be included? A newer version of the old (1987?) Dukes Motion Offense Video?

When you are searching for the best istructional videos for a motion offense, that covers a 4out-1in alignment and (because i dont know, how many good big guys i will have next season) a 3out-2in and in addition it should cover a zone offense for even and odd front rows out of this alignments too, that is easy to implement in those offenses.

I watched the Motion Offense by Coach K (and i have to admit its pretty good), but i want more then this.

Ho does the new

Gene Keady: Five-Man Motion Versus Man or Zone

rank? What alignment does he use?

Are the videos by Jay Wright the best one for 4out-1in?

Are the videos by Dave Loos the best for eout-2in?

Thanks for answers

Coach Mueller
Anonymous
Must have videos?
May 04, 2005 05:27AM
I have outsorted a few videos and like to hear recommendations:

3-Out 2-In Motion Offense
DAKICH, DAN Teaching the Five-Man Motion Offense
CALHOUN, JIM The Attacking 3-Out-2-In Motion Offense
LOOS, DAVE High/Low Motion Offense 2-Pack

4-Out 1-In Motion Offense
WRIGHT, JAY The 4-Out 1-In Motion Offense
WRIGHT, JAY 15 Great 4-Out 1-In Motion Offense Plays
HEWITT, PAUL Installing the 4-Out 1-In Motion Offense
DAKICH, DAN Teaching the Five-Man Motion Offense

What about the following videos, what are these all about?

FEW, MARC Motion for Sruccess
KEADY, GENE Five-Man Motion Versus Man or Zone

Any opinions? :roll:
Anonymous
Must have videos?
May 06, 2005 06:01AM
Morgan Wooten teaches also an interesting Motion Offense, but gives a not that deep view into every part of it.
Anonymous
Must have videos?
May 17, 2005 05:07AM
But there will be no updated [b:682ba1b425]Motion Offense Tape[/b:682ba1b425] ?
Anonymous
Must have videos?
May 31, 2005 02:21PM
I ve got the [b:f3f67172f5]Morgan Wooten's Xs & Os 2 DVD Pack[/b:f3f67172f5] and watched it last weekend.
I really have to state, that this is definetely the finest Basketball instructional video, that was ever released. Every drill, tactic etc. is been explained by Coach Wooten, then fine animations shows it and in the end its shown live on the court. Its a great addition to Coach WOottens Book [b:f3f67172f5]Coaching Basketball Succesfully[/b:f3f67172f5].

I definetely recommend it!

Thats a really [b:f3f67172f5]MUST HAVE[/b:f3f67172f5]!
Anonymous
Must have videos?
June 07, 2005 11:22AM
After watching the [b:bbacdbf3a2]Secrets Of Winning Basketball Vol.1&2[/b:bbacdbf3a2], do you need to have all the other Hubie-tapes (for instance the Coaching Coaches Series)? moody smiley: Or is it something like a best of Hubie? :wink:
Anonymous
Must have videos?
June 08, 2005 02:01PM
I am looking for 4out/1in motion tapes or 5 out motion tapes. I have a girls basketball team that is not long on talent and I am trying to find a good offense for them. I need to find a good structured motion offense. Can anyone help me out???
Anonymous
Must have videos?
August 03, 2005 03:52PM
I watched the COACHING COACHES - series and have to admit, that there is a lot of overlapping information providede by Hubie Brown. But as with all the other stuff of Hubie, there is a lot of special stuff, that only he can give you on hand, because of his knowledge. So i found a lot of things, that were interesting enough to conclude, that both series are worth the money!

I also recommend the 4out 1in - videos from Jay Wright. The three video-series is very intersting, but i remember, i was not that satisfied, i didnt got the feeling, i learned something really new, something, that i could implement in my daily practice immediately. So perhaps there are better tapes.
Anonymous
Must have videos?
August 07, 2005 12:37AM
Coach Mueller,
Here is a site that will help review some of these excellent videos, books and other basketball teaching tools for the coaches.

[www.teamarete.com]
Anonymous
Must have videos?
November 12, 2005 03:16PM
Does anybody know where I can find a copy of the Duke Motion Offense tape? Thanks
Anonymous
Must have videos?
February 15, 2006 07:26AM
I am also looking for a copy of the Duke Motion Offense video and/or book. If anyone out there could help, please let me know. Thanks.

mullslaw6383@yahoo.com
Anonymous
Must have videos?
July 24, 2006 03:19PM
hello every one
Can somebody tell me about the rick majerus 4out 1in motion 3 dvds

I'd like to buy it but still hesitating.
I'm a confirmed european coach

thks for help
Anonymous
Must have videos?
August 20, 2006 02:27AM
Coach Meuller,

I jsut read your post. Dont know if this thread is still active and if anyone will read this but I would love to help other coaches so here goes:

MAN OFFENSE :
1) I like Jerry Pittitgoes new Open Post Motion Video. I think he does a great job of teaching the offense and shows some good entries as well.
2) I like the Kevin Pigott Princeton Offense video. I have watched a lot of video on this topic and I think this is the best video on Princeton far and away.
3) If you can find it, Bob Knight's "Clinic V, Man to Man Offense" video is incredible. It is 100 minutes long, VHS, filmed at a clinic at Indiana in about 1990 and it holds up well. No one understands motion better than Knight.

MAN DEFENSE :
1) Again, Bob Knight is best. Same clinic as above. This old VHS tape is called "Bob Knight Basketball, Clinic 3, Defense". Again, 1990 at Indiana but the principles are sound and stand up.
2) Dukes Championship Practices DVD has a segment on building the Duke Defense that is outstanding.

ZONE DEFENSE :
1) Jim Boeheim's 2-3 Matchup Video is great. I am not a big zone guy but this video teaches how they run their Defense with all the rotations. I run it occassionally and it is suffocating.
2) I have looked at some other Zone videos but didnt like any of them. That said, we run the 1-3-1 some. I have never seen anything the way we run it but it is very effective with easy, understandable rotations and traps. E-mail me if you are interested.

ZONE OFFENSE :
1) Honestly, I run some 2 and 3 guard zone offense stuff that I like so I have never looked for much. However, I recently bought Coach K's video and I liked that he has one offense similar to his man, that works against any zone. Give it a look.

Hope this helps,

Coach LeClaire
PGLeClaire@comcast.net
www.leaguelineup.com/ebbulldogs[/b]
nate.landas
Must have videos?
May 03, 2005 02:10PM
The Duke basketball series is well done. Coach K's ability to communicate with coaches and players ranks him amongst the best teachers of the game! He provides excellent information in a detailed and thorough fashion.

The Duke series is eighteen years old. Technology has enabled the video/ DVD quality to be much better. The newer videos are much more clear, easier to navigate, and appearance is outstanding!

With this said, Championship Productions will be releasing a new series within the next couple of months that feature Coach Krzyzewski. The raw footage of these videos is excellent. The Championship basketball director was quoted [b:2ae6b658d1]"The Coach K series is phenomonal and will be the best instructional basketball DVDs ever made." [/b:2ae6b658d1]

I'll be sure to keep you updated on this series!
nate.landas
Must have videos?
May 11, 2005 03:48PM
The Coach K videos should be available sometime this summer; however, we don't have an exact date yet. Coach K spoke on the following topics:

Skill Drills for Guards
Skill Drills for Post Players
Skill Drills for Wing Players
Zone Offenses
Breaking Presses
Transition & Conditioning

Please check back with us in a couple months and we'll give you an update,
nate.landas
Must have videos?
June 10, 2005 10:46AM
Coach Brown's three videos:

[b:3684ab8838]"Secrets of Winning Basketball" - Volume I
"Secrets of Winning Basketball" - Volume II
How to Win with Less Talent[/b:3684ab8838]

These videos provide excellent information! Hubie Brown is known as one of the most respected/ best lecturer. The length of these videos are: 90, 84, & 88 minutes. I personally haven't seen the Coaching Coaches Series...though...I've heard coaches talk at various clinics and mention that they are similar and the new videos are longer and more interesting.

Our most popular 4 Out/ 1 In Motion tape is:

[b:3684ab8838]Installing the 4-Out 1-In Motion Offense[/b:3684ab8838] by Paul Hewitt.

Other Motion videos/ DVDs I'd recommend are:

[b:3684ab8838]Dan Dakich: Teaching the Five-Man Motion Offense [/b:3684ab8838]
[b:3684ab8838]Bob Huggins: Open Post Motion Offense[/b:3684ab8838]

We will also be a 5 Man Motion DVD by Bruce Weber. This DVD will be available at the beginning of July.[/size:3684ab8838]
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 16?