Anonymous
essential videos
September 23, 2006 03:21PM
Can anyone recommend a list of 5 essential dvds to start my coaching library from. Thanks a lot!
Anonymous
essential videos
November 20, 2006 12:26AM
As I am a Defense first guy, I would start with:

1) Steve Alfords 8 Essential Progression Drills for a Man To Man Defense. I love this disc and how much he stresses stopping the dribble first.

2) Now, you need a man offense. I like the Open Post Motion so I would recomend Bob Huggins Open Post Motion or Jerry Pititgoes video on the same topic. If you are a 3 out, 2 in guy, check out Dave Loos 3 out, 2 in High Low. If you like 4 out, 1 in, I really like Pete Carril's first tape on the Princeton Offense and Dennis Felton's disk as well.

3) Next, I would go zone offense. I like Coach K's Attacking the Zone video. Also, Jack Bennets Zone Motion disc is great.

4) Now, if you want to add some Zone Defense, Jim Boeheim's 2-3 Matchup Zone is really good. I am not a zone guy but after watching it, I put it in for special situations.

5) Lastly, you need some individual fundamental stuff. For individual skills, there is a lot of good stuff out there but I really like Rick Pitinos Basketball Fundamentals DVD.

Good luck,

Coach LeClaire
Anonymous
essential videos
December 21, 2006 11:19AM
Thanks a lot for the great info!
Anonymous
essential videos
December 22, 2006 02:59AM
Skip prosser - rebounding
anything Gannon baker
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 25?