Anonymous
Who runs the best "open post" offense?
April 25, 2006 03:24PM
Uncw fan,

What are some of the best dvds or videos that you have purchased out there. Just wondering. Thanks.
Anonymous
April 26, 2006 09:56AM
Coach p28,

I don't have my tapes in front of me right now but off the top of my head here are a few good ones that stick out in my mind:

The Winning Hoops series: out of bounds plays and zone plays. Those DVD's are FULL of good plays you can use immediately.

Skip Prosser's rebounding tape. Good drills for off. and def. rebounding.

Roy Williams : Carolina Defensive System DVD

Underrated but good: Jay Smith: Competitive Drills for Post and Perimeter players.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
April 25, 2006 07:48PM
I purchase Jerry Petitgoue's tape, and the Villanova Women's Coach 5 Out tape. I returned the Villanova tape. As a high school coach at a school of 300, I love the Jerry Petitgoue tape. He does an outstanding job of teaching an offense that is appropriate and effective at the high school level.
Anonymous
April 25, 2006 01:16PM
Has anyone purchased Jerry Pettigouge's open post dvd? What about Bob Huggin's ??? What is the best one out their to teach?
Anonymous
April 25, 2006 02:38PM
I answered this on another thread but here is my opinion. I have not seen Jerry P.'s it may be good, I have no idea. Bob Huggin's video is good.
If you really want the whole view of the Open Post, buy the Bob Huggin's video, then buy his paperback book on motion offense. With those two, you will have all the wrinkles, drills, answers you will need to run the Open Post. Hope that helps.
Anonymous
April 25, 2006 08:49PM
Jnelson,

So you liked Pettigouge's tape alot? What did you like about it? Why did you return the Pettera tape? If you don't mind me asking.

Coach P
Anonymous
April 25, 2006 02:56PM
I really do appreciate your answer. I was just seeing what other coaches thought about the subject. I try to find out what is really good or not, before I buy it because of limited funds. I am sure that you understand.
Anonymous
April 25, 2006 02:58PM
No problem. I understand. Everyone wants to get their moneys worth. Glad I could help.
Anonymous
May 07, 2006 12:28PM
Andy Woods two videos on the Open Post are excellent
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 5?