Marco
Searching for a Matchup Zone DVD
October 01, 2011 07:13PM
Hi everyone,
I'm searching for a DVD that explains a 2-3 matchup zone or at least a real matchup zone. After buying 2 DVD's with the title matchup zone, I have to say they weren't about a matchup zone, just a normal zone. So, can anyone recommend a DVD that is about a real matchup zone? I appreciate your help.
Take care.
Coach M
JimmieO
Re: Searching for a Matchup Zone DVD
October 01, 2011 11:55PM
Coach M,

Can you tell me what videos you have watched in the past and I can give you some other thoughts that will be beneficial to you.

Thanks,

Jimmie Oakman
Marco
October 03, 2011 08:15AM
I've bought from Jim Boeheim "The complete guide to the 2-3 Matchup Zone" which is almost the same like his 2-3 Zone DVD. There's nothing about machtup.
I've bought from Don Meyer the "2-3 Matchup Zone", which is a bad DVD. Not worth to see.
I've bought from Dave Odom "10 cardinal rules for the matchup zone" which is pretty interesting, but not a complete concept for a specific matchup zone.
And I bought from Brenda Frese "2-3 Matchup Zone Defense" which is only about a regular zone.
So, you can see that I invested quite a lot money already...
What I want is a DVD about a full concept for a matchup zone. And the best would be about a 2-3 Matchup. But if it's a 1-3-1 or what ever I can live with it. But no more DVD's with just some rules or advices or a regular zoen defense. I hope you can recommend some real matchup zone DVD's.

Best regards
Coach M
JimmieO
October 03, 2011 07:56PM
Coach M,

Here are some others I can recommend to you:

Tom Pecora: The Great Equalizer - The 2-3 Match-up Zone (more of a mix with primarily the match-up, great for disguising the defense too)
Brenda Frese: Her individual DVD and her All-Access are both very good and worth a look
Flip Saunders: His match-up is done very, very well, but that is a 1-2-2

Other ideas - Jason Capel covers his match-up in the All-Access video with Oklahoma.

If you have any specific questions about them, please let me know!
Marco
October 04, 2011 09:20AM
Hi JimmieO
Thanks for your reply and recommendations so far. I just want to see a full concept of a matchup zone. Not just a part of a matchup or some rules that might can be played. If you know some more please let me know. 2-3 matchup would be fine, but any other is welcome too, as long it's a real matchup and not just a zone and it's a full concept.
Take care.
Coach M
Marco
October 04, 2011 09:34AM
Hi JimmieO
I've checked you recommandations now. The 2-3 Matchup from Brenda Frese I own already and it's just about a usual 2-3 Zone. I've read the reviews for the DVD from Tom Pecora and it's the same. Just a usual zone. Not about matchup. The DVD from Flip Saunders sounds a bit better. Tks for that recommendation. An All Access DVD is too expensive just for the part of the matchup zone.
Nevertheless it seems that a very good DVD about a Matchup is not produced yet. When you read the reviews it's either not about matchup or just ok. May be championshipproductions can change that and produce a DVD about a matchup that is a real matchup and a good explained, full concept. That would be great.
Take care.
Coach M
JimmieO
October 08, 2011 03:02PM
Coach,

I just stumbled upon this about Match-Up Defenses, take a look at Page 20 and on -
[coachinglibrary.fiba.com]
Marco
October 14, 2011 01:26PM
Thank you very much for this interesting link.

Coach M
Allen
October 22, 2011 09:14PM
Want to run a true match up you need to get Tom Cooper's match up tape. It is old but good.
If you are looking for a GREAT dvd on a 2-3 zone look at a new video by Al Marshall. He is a high school coach in Iowa and it is the best zone dvd I have seen.
Mike Dunlap and his 1-1-3 man/zone is also really good, but you must be a full rotational defense, not a help and recover.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 6?