CoachQ
Feeder Program
January 01, 2009 02:13PM
Hello, Looking to start a feeder program in my community to assist in making the GIRLS competitive. Any suggestions as to what age to begin with? 5-6 grade, 7-8 grade or even younger?
Also, any suggestions on materials/videos to model beginner program after?
championshipproudition
Re: Feeder Program
March 13, 2009 01:24PM
CoachQ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello, Looking to start a feeder program in my
> community to assist in making the GIRLS
> competitive. Any suggestions as to what age to
> begin with? 5-6 grade, 7-8 grade or even younger?
> Also, any suggestions on materials/videos to model
> beginner program after?
bill@friends
July 19, 2010 04:16PM
Coach Q.

I just finished working a program just like that. It turned into alot more than we planned. We had 8 girls make varsity by sophmore year at 2 public schools (1 got full ride to basketball high school in our area). My daughter being one of those players.

All fundamentals. Email me and I can give you some ideas. The first couple of years are the key to the long term success.

I currently coach High School Boy's and would love to see more teaching going on on both boy's and girls side.
cmthom
July 28, 2010 08:20AM
If you could I would like to learn how you went about creating the feeder program.
We are in our first year and have average players.
Thanks
bill@friends
September 14, 2010 07:41AM
In our boy's program, it begins with continuity. Teaching the same things using similar drills. We wrote a drill book for our middle school coaches. It details all of our concepts that we exect to be taught and at what grade they are introduced.

We have a "system" if you will. We want certain fundamentals and specific offensive concepts to be intrduced in a specific time frame. This way as they get to High School, they have a base knowledge and skill set.

JV for us is about player development. We will always have a couple of kids that could make varsity (fresh or soph) that we hold back to JV. They will play a lot of minutes on JV to develop confidence and leadership. Winning is not important in theat JV environment although we want to compete, and improve at this level.

Email me direct if you want more information.

Coach B
CoachQ
March 28, 2011 03:56PM
Bill, can you email me @ urbancop@msn.com? I would love to see a sample of the book you've created.

I just finished working a program just like that. It turned into alot more than we planned. We had 8 girls make varsity by sophmore year at 2 public schools (1 got full ride to basketball high school in our area). My daughter being one of those players.

All fundamentals. Email me and I can give you some ideas. The first couple of years are the key to the long term success.
Troy
April 01, 2011 12:11PM
Bill,

Can you send me that book too? I would love to take a look at it.

Thanks,
Coach LaVallie
Troy
April 01, 2011 12:12PM
Jamie
April 10, 2011 08:36AM
Bill.

I. too, would be interested in seeing your book. Could you email it to me at jkingfor3_12@yahoo.com?

Thanks
r.shaw
April 14, 2011 07:55PM
Anyone,
Can you send me that book too? I would love to take a look at it. r_shaw_34@yahoo.ca
Tynon
June 01, 2011 11:58PM
I would also like to see that book. Thanks email is joe-tynon@cdolinc.net
COACH BROWN
May 12, 2012 05:56PM
HEY COACH, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD SEND MORE DETAILED INFORMATION CONCERNING THE OVERALL MAKE UP OF YOUR FEEDER PROGRAM(DRILLS, OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE CONCEPTS, ETC). I AM WANTING TO START ONE FOR MY BOYS TEAM.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
COACH BROWN
Scott Rodesiler
May 26, 2012 09:41PM
Hey coaches, I am also interested in starting a feeder program for my boys program. I am a first year varsity coach and have to start a feeder program from scratch. I would love any ideas or a copy of the book or program that you use.

My email is s.rodesiler@gmail.com
Dan
October 11, 2012 08:27AM
If you could email me a copy as well, I'd certainly appreciate it. Basketballcoachcasey@comcast.net

Thank you!
John Sams
October 25, 2012 09:17AM
Coach, I would really appreciate a look at the book you use. I am in the process of rebuilding our girls program from varsity down. Thanks.
MarkWoodbury57
January 16, 2013 02:24AM
I too would love to have a copy of your book and any other ideas to help start a feeder program.
My e-mail is mwoodbury@ortelco.net

Thanks Coach.
Mark Woodbury
andrelim821
January 18, 2013 06:19PM
I too would love to have a copy of your book and any other ideas to help start a feeder program. my email is andrelim_lnh@yahoo.com
Coach TJ
May 09, 2013 01:33PM
Coach B,
I would love to see that book as well. Can you send it to me or drop me an email? Andersty@juniata.edu

Thanks,

TJ
Chadbr3
May 20, 2013 10:19AM
I would love to look at this book as well. cbrieske@mondovi.k12.wi.us
Joe Sigler
July 14, 2013 06:17PM
Bill:

I would be interested in getting your information on feeder programs.

Please send to: joe.sigler@silsbeeisd.org

Thanks

Joe Sigle
Lorenso Williams
July 24, 2013 12:31PM
I would love to see that book as well. Can you send it to me or drop me an email? williebeman20022002@yahoo.com
Deadspinjim
February 27, 2014 08:37PM
Has anybody on this board actually received a copy of the book for this post?

Thanks
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 22?