Anonymous
Paul Westhead video
July 27, 2005 11:35PM
Is it good?
Anonymous
Paul Westhead video
July 28, 2005 12:09PM
Like Nate says it's a older video but that's the only negative. It's a system that can still be ran succesfully and at many different age groups in my opinion. However to run it exactly like Westhead teaches, your 2 guy is going to have to be one heck of a 3 point shooter and you as a coach will have to be willing to let whom ever fills that spot to let the 3's fly.
nate.landas
Paul Westhead video
July 28, 2005 09:18AM
Even though this video is older, it provides great information. Coach Westhead offers information on how to get good shots in transition in his "attacking" system. Under this system, Coach Westhead guided Loyola Maramount to the NCAA scoring record (112.5 points per game) and led the nation in scoring in three consecutive years!
Any Coach
Re: Paul Westhead video
March 06, 2008 11:09AM
The video was made in the late '80's but it is the most productive offensive system coaching video. I've coached 4th graders and 8th graders and my teams have lead the leagues in scoring every year. You won't learn a lot about defense in the video but his offense is the best.
Anonymous User
August 06, 2008 09:07AM
where can i get a copy of this video?
Jack Patton
April 13, 2010 12:29PM
Great teaching video!
For those that think that they need a great # 2 to shoot threes, please bear in mind that the System allows the flexibility to have the # 2 dribble drive to the rack or stop and shoot the short jumper. This would be a typical modification for younger players.
Please also keep in mind that the genesis for this came from Sonny Allen's numbered break before there was a three point shot. In those days both the # 3 and 2 broke for the basket with # 1 following up as in the Westhead System.
What I really would like to see is the complementary Westhead defense that goes with The Sytem. It appeared that they ran a lot of full court man with trapping.
The Coach
May 04, 2010 09:30PM
How do I get the video? How much is the video?
DanBergan215
May 08, 2010 06:28AM
J.J.Guidry143
May 12, 2010 10:38AM
Paul Westhead's fast break has been a staple in my basketball program -- and we have won a lot of games because of it. We use it at both the junior high and high school levels. The video is very detailed and explains the system well.I would also like to note that even if your 2 guard isn't a great 3-point shooter, the idea is to beat the other team down the floor, so even if you put up a quick 3, the goal is to crash the offensive boards and hopefully have a numbers advantage. Of course, if you have a good shooter, it's even better! I would recommend this video to any coach who likes an up-tempo game. It is a great neutralizer when you don't have a lot of height.
Coach Evans
July 17, 2011 01:17PM
I need to get my hands on this video like yesterday!!!!!!! Who can get it to me????
administrator
July 22, 2011 11:34PM
The dvd is available right here:
Paul Westhead video
Coach haze
January 05, 2014 05:10PM
Love the video but two questions:
1- how do you attack a zone press that traps the pg on the first pass?
2- how does it adjust to a half court trap such as a 2-2-1 that wants the ball on the sideline?
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 2?