Future Coach
Coaching Tips?
January 12, 2008 07:24PM
Hey everyone, my name is Chris and I'm currently a senior in high school, and I'm highly considering becoming a high school basketball coach after college, possibly becoming a head coach after earning my masters and gaining some experience, however, what I would like is some tips from some current coaches, being from Western Kentucky I really don't hear much about becoming a future coach or anything, are there any like camps or clinics for future coach or anything avaliable, or any tips you guys might have would be a great help, thanks a lot.
bbcoach13
Re: Coaching Tips?
January 14, 2008 10:32AM
I would say that the best thing to do at this point is just watch and try to learn from the best. Participating in this forum is one good thing, but also check out [www.basketballcoach.com]

They have a great forum as well, plus, you can register and watch video clips from some of the best basketball coaches in the world.

I would also recommend doing some volunteer coaching for youth teams -- obviously you won't be able to use some of the advanced topics covered in the basketballcoach.com video clips, but the more experience you can get the better you will be in the future!
ChrisOliver562
Re: Coaching Tips?
January 18, 2008 08:02PM
Do you think that coaching AAU would help me, or would it be too different than high school, because I was thinking about coaching AAU either this summer or next summer, hoping that might help me, I was thinking about coaching at possibly the 7th or 8th grade level, hoping that would help me gain even more experience, I was talking about it to my high school coach and he thought it was more like street ball than I guess you could say "organized" basketball, what do you guys think?
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 2?