Anonymous
Bond Shymansky dvd
October 01, 2005 10:43PM
In the description of the DVD "Advanced Technique Training: Hitting, Serving, & Blocking" (Bond Shymandsky) it says:

"Also included are the roll shot, the deep tip, and the sweep shot."

I've never heard of anyone refer to the 'sweep shot' in volleyball... was just wondering what type of hit it's referring to. A wipe/tool off the block maybe?? If anyone knows please post the answer!

Also, I'm looking for a good DVD that emphasizes different attacking options for an outside hitter... eg. hitting cross, hitting through the seam, down the line, tooling off the block, deep tips, topspin dinks etc.

Is this Bond Shymandsky DVD any good on that, or should I be looking at something else? I'm after something reasonably advanced to take my hitting to the next level... so I don't want a video that spends most of it's time describing how to do a simple spike.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, sb grinning smiley
Anonymous
Bond Shymansky dvd
October 04, 2005 06:56PM
I've also been looking at the Shymansky DVDs... was wondering how they compare to the John Dunning series. Is one aimed at a higher level than the other or is one of them more in-depth?
nate.landas
Bond Shymansky dvd
October 05, 2005 11:04AM
The [b:35f31ad109]Advanced Technique Training: Bond Shymansky[/b:35f31ad109] series is for elite players. This series provides some great coaching information within his instruction and demonstrations.

The [b:35f31ad109]Becoming a Champion Volleyball Player Series [/b:35f31ad109] by John Dunning is really geared toward the athletes. While coaches can pick up some great information, this series provides the basic fundamentals and techniques to succeed.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 15?