Anonymous
Percy Knox Invitational update
September 09, 2006 09:42PM
Hello Track Coaches, Athletes, Parents, & Spectators,

My name is Coach Tim Wells; I’m the meet director for the Percy Knox invitational track and field meet. We at the foundation are striding hard to promote and produce a top rated track meet that reaches out to various schools across the nation.

This meet was developed as a model track and field meet for the rest of the nation to see. We developed this meet to be a large fund raiser for less fortunate schools who might not have the facilities, skills, time, or even the resources to put on such a large caliper track and field meet.

This is a Cinderella meet, each year the meet is rotated among two or more host schools. The host schools put up zero dollars and the foundation promotes the meet and splits the proceeds with the host schools to help run their track and field programs. We are non-profit, the rest of the funds are used for cost; Administrative,
Facilities, Trophies, etc.

We give out give out trophies instead of medals, we help less fortunate schools with cost for logging and we have a low entry fee to run at our meet. But unfortunately this all cost money to run such a large meet.

Our website; www.percyknox.com has received website hits from as for away as; Africa, Russia, Canada, and Great Britain. We have received hits in the United States from Hawaii, mid west, south, and east coast. If you like what we are trying to do with this meet, than I would like to ask you to help support our efforts by purchasing a pre-entry ticket to our meet. The price for the pre sale ticket is $5.00. Make Check or Money Order out to Crenshaw High School Track Club; P.O. Box 901567 Palmdale, Ca 93590.

Please purchase a ticket even if you won’t be able to attend this meet. The proceeds from the sell will help less fortunate schools compete at our meet. The Date of the meet is March 17, 2007 Cerritos College.

Thank you and god bless,

Coach Tim Wells
Coach Wells
Re: Percy Knox Invitational update
November 15, 2008 10:05PM
Percy Knox Invitational March 28th 2009 College of the Canyons

With sponsors like: Nike, Marriott, Venue/Springco, KoKomo Beverage, ASN, OnTrack, The City of Santa Clarita

News Papers like:

Antelope Valley Press
"The Percy Knox Invitational is rapidly becoming one of the more prestigious track and field meets in the region"

The Los Angeles Daily News

"The track meet at College of the Canyons attracted some of the top runners in the state. The boys 100-meter race featured three of the

top runners in California: Randall Carrol from Cathedral, Adam Long from St. Bernard's and Austin Shanks from Crespi.

All three topped the best recorded time in the 100 meters in the state this year, set by Nick Mixion of Vista Murrieta."

The Signal

And taking it all in from the crow's nest above the press box at Cougar Stadium was longtime Antelope Valley athlete coach

Percy Knox. According to meet director Tim Wells, the Percy Knox Foundation was established by a group of coaches who

wanted inspire kids to excel through athletics. Wells said naming the organization after Knox was a way to recognize the

73-year-old track and field icon's contributions to the local community. Knox said his interest in helping young people

though athletics is as keen as ever. "I'm in favor of anything that keeps kids busy, keep them from getting into trouble

and so forth," Knox said.

Long Beach Press Telegram

Athletes of the Week

Girls

Erin Reid, Poly

"Reid, a senior on the Jackrabbits's track and field team, won two individual events and set the fastest

time in the state in the 100 meters at the Percy Knox Invitational track meet at College of the Canyons

on Saturday. In addition to winning the 100 meters (12.19 seconds), Reid won the long jump, helping the jackrabbitson

on their way to winning 10 events at the meet."

The Daily Breeze

Burning up the track

"St. Bernard's Adam Long ran an impressive double at the Percy Knox Invitational in Santa Clarita, taking second

in the 100 (10.70) and winning the 200 (21.56), beating out Inglewood's Antwaine Miller (21.85)."

San Francisco Chronicle

Northern California schools continue to put out top athletes

"Webb would just as soon forget an injury-filled 2007 season, especially among his girls

who return one of the top sophomores in the state in Brianna Stewart, who won the

Percy Knox invitational in Southern California 100 hurdles last week 13.85."

Its no wonder why people are talking about the fastest growing track and field meet west of the Mississippi.

WWW.Percyknox.com
Coach Wells
February 05, 2009 05:00AM
Percy Knox foundation is happy to announce James "D-Train" Williams will be performing the halftime show at the 5th annual Percy Knox Invitational March 28th 2009 at College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita Ca.

D-Train will be flying in from New York to help kick off the 5th annual meet, singing his hit songs like: Your the one for me, Keep on, Something's on your mind, or Walk on by.
He is sure to have you up in the stands cheering.

[www.youtube.com]

WWW.Percyknox.com
Tim Wells
February 20, 2009 08:15PM
Come see over 40 schools complete in one of Southern California’s most prestigious high school track and field meets.

Antelope Valley Press

"The Percy Knox Invitational is rapidly becoming one of the more prestigious track and field meets in the region"

The Los Angeles Daily News

"The track meet at College of the Canyons attracted some of the top runners in the state".

Halftime show will feature R & B singer James; "D-Train" Williams performing some of hit songs.
[www.youtube.com]

Tickets on sell at the campus box office the day of the event.

General admission $10 Kids under 7 free.

College of the Canyons 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita Ca

9 am – 6pm www.percyknox.com
Tim Wells
Re: Percy Knox Invitational update 2010
October 01, 2009 03:39AM
Hello,

My Name is Tim Wells,

I’m the founder and creator of the Percy Knox Invitational Track and Field Meet. In the past five years, this meet has grown into one of the largest track and field meets in California and neighboring states.

Our meet has pick up endorsements from notable corporations such as: Nike, Marriott, City of Santa Clarita, College of the Canyons, USC, Cal State Northridge, and Los Angeles Valley College.

I’m calling on ALL Facebook Users to reach out and open up their hearts to help save this meet which has touched so many of our kids across the state.

Unlike traditional track and field meets, the Percy Knox Invitational shares its proceeds with the local high schools track and field programs. Over the course of five years, we have helped raised over $65,000 to give to the local schools.

With the current state of our economy, school districts across America are struggling to keep their doors and after school programs open. We must find new ways to mentor our kids and provide them with a safe environment. Many of the parks and recreation type programs are just not there anymore. This void must not be allowed to fester and become filled by the inter city gangs.

We have made donation in the form of equipment, free entry into our meet, and cash donations. We have donated to various schools across California.

Here is a small demographic sample of some of the schools that we have reached out and donated to: Washington Prep, Dorsey, Crenshaw, Rancho Verde, Long Beach Poly, Fremont, Paramount, Inglewood, James Logan (No. Cal), Oceanside, Lawndale, Lynwood, Carson, Saint Mary’s, Golden Valley, Valencia, Pasadena, Taft, Palisades, St. Bernard, Lincoln, Cleveland, Reseda, Burroughs, Paraclete, Inglewood, Leuzinger, Serra, El Camino Real, Birmingham, Centennial (Compton), Highland, Artesia, and Marshall just to name a few

Like most businesses, our meet is in dire need of help; no one is going to help out these kids if we don’t. We can sit around and wait to see if the government is going to bail us out or we can try and fix it ourselves.

This year our event will feature a concert with Johnny Gill (My, My, My), Johnny Kemp (Just got paid), and the Sister Sledge (we are family). These artists have step up to the plate to help raise revenue to keep this meet alive.

Its not about track and field or sports programs in general; it’s about our kids. We are calling on anyone who could help us: churches, businesses, social groups and individual people who can donate their time, money, and support.

No donation is too small, we are asking for the pennies that you throw into the streets, the small change that you leave behind at the store. Mainly we need whatever support you can give us.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! Pledge your support today.

Feel free to check out our website: www.percyknox.com call for further questions: Cell (323) 601-4896, email track@percyknox.com or donate to: Percy Knox Foundation P.O. Box 901567 Palmdale 93590

I would like to thank you for your time and consideration in advance.
Tim Wells

Chairman Percy Knox Foundation
Cell 323 601-4896
www.percyknox.com
track@percyknox.com

Chewiikua "Choo Choo" Knighten-Buggs
Meet Director
track@percyknox.com
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 4?