Anonymous
3-5-2
October 02, 2004 10:19AM
I hear very little talk about the 3-5-2. I used it last year (high school girl's team) very effectively. It provides numbers both in the attack and defense. I have found it to be particularly easy for younger players to "see" and understand. Was last year just a fluke and I have hard lessons to learn? Or, are people using it and just not discussing it?

In the Big 12 women's soccer games this year, it appears the 3-4-3 is the system of choice. I see a lot of similarities between the 3-5-2 and the 3-4-3, but the midfield had historically been our weakness. With 5 Mids, we seem to have made midfield a strength.

What do you think?
nate.landas
3-5-2
October 11, 2004 01:04PM
The 3-4-3 has been the most popular system for coaches to implement within their team in previous years. Today, coaches are trying to implement other systems. The 3-5-2 has been around for a few years and was used by the University of Notre Dame. Our video featuring [b:ea0d66c83f]Coach Berticelli [/b:ea0d66c83f] provides an excellent overview on the system and drills and exercises to enhance your athletes. Like yourself, coaches have really enjoyed this system because of the 5 midfielders.

A new system that excites coaches is the 4-4-2, which is becoming the system of choice. We have currently produced a two-video series featuring the [b:ea0d66c83f]University of Tennessee Head Women's Soccer Coach, Angela Kelly. [/b:ea0d66c83f] The 2003 SEC Coach of the Year shares her knowledge of the 4-4-2 Off-Balance Offense and provides drills to master the system. She does an excellent job outlining the system with marker board and on-field demonstrations. This is an excellent system to implement at all competitive levels!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 18?