Lonnie Kragel
Video Editing for Lacrosse
January 27, 2011 07:20AM
Coaches,

Occasionally I read comments in our customer reviews about the shooting or editing on a particular video.

If you have thoughts on the best way to shoot or edit a lacrosse DVD, please post them here. We would love to hear your thoughts!

We are always looking for ways to improve our products and serve you better.

Lonnie Kragel
Championship Productions
DaveLax
Re: Video Editing for Lacrosse
August 20, 2012 08:43AM
1. When doing on-field video with more than 2 players, it would be helpful if the editor would listen to the coach as he directs comments to a particular player.....then backup and highlight the player as the play-in-question begins. Either stop action for 4 secs. and place a glow effect or add a 1sec bright starburst on the player's helmet to focus the eye on that particular player.

I am constantly backing up video and rewatching a few times before I can see exactly who\what\why the coach had a comment for that player.

2. There are a few Drill videos that I have watched that....errrr,,uhhhhhh, go too fast for me. They seem to stack up and come at me machine gun style. Start a drill with a simple Chalkboard drawing with a voice over explaining the 5ish key points of focus for a coach.....hands high, shoulders perpendicular etc. Then include the PDF of the Chalkboard so I can take it out to the field. (Each drill in a separate PDF would be helpful). For me, the 5ish key points are very important; probably very helpful for the presenting coach as well as he will give it some thought as he puts it down on paper. Also helpful in that he might miss an important key fact verbally as he was doing the drill on the field.

DaveLax
1st year HS coach
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 18?