Championship Productions, Inc.

Developing Mental Toughness for Lacrosse

Item Number: LXD-04536

  • Currently 3.00/5 Stars.
3.00/5 Stars (2 Reviews)

Your Price: $39.99

Video Format:

Add to Wish List

See more products by:
Instant Video Available!New! Instantly stream this video to any device! More Info...
Preview Videos
Loading Video...
Features & Benefits
  • Learn the key qualities of mental toughness and practical applications for developing it
  • Learn how to reinforce daily habits that are integral to improving mental toughness
  • Learn about the challenges UVA overcame to beat the odds and win the 2011 NCAA National Championship
with Dom Starsia, former University of Virginia Head Coach;
2011 NCAA Champions; 2011 F. Morris Touchstone Division I Head Coach of the Year (3-time winner of the award); 4x National Champions (2011, 2006, 2003, 1999); 7x ACC Coach of the Year (winningest coach in conference history); Distinguished member of the National Lacrosse Hall of Fame (2008)

Get a practical approach to developing mental toughness from a legendary coach Dom Starsia. Developed from a coach's perspective, this video shares tips and techniques for mental toughness developed and refined over 30 years of coaching at the highest level.

Coach Starsia highlights the importance of mental toughness and the role it has played in the success of Virginia men's lacrosse. This sequence is complemented with game footage that focuses on one-goal games and situations where mental toughness has had a significant and tangible benefit.

The video provides a fascinating, behind-the-scenes look into Virginia's run to the 2011 National Championship and the preparations - mental and physical - that go into such an accomplishment. The footage includes part of Coach Starsia's pre-game talk to the players.

Using the challenges and ultimate success of the 2011 season, Coach Starsia discuss the key qualities that he sees as critical components of mental toughness, including:

  • consistency
  • resilience
  • poise
  • selflessness

In addition to input from Coach Starsia, this section also includes players' thoughts and feelings of , giving the viewer a number of perspectives and a clear indication of just how powerful a focus on mental toughness can be.

The final segment of the video concentrates on practical applications. Coach Starsia shares his experiences and how these can be woven into any program to develop skills, behaviors and character in players, which will, in turn, develop mental toughness. Coaches are reminded of their ability to develop players in ways that will benefit them off the field and well after their playing careers have come to an end.

The video ends with a series of mental toughness drills that Coach Starsia introduces on the whiteboard before running his squad through them on the field. You will see and hear Coach Starsia working with his team, focusing on specific points covering ground balls, ball handling under pressure and decision making.

75 minutes. 2014.

See more products by: Dominic Starsia

See other products you might like: Mental Game
Ratings & Reviews

Developing Mental Toughness for Lacrosse
on January 8, 2016
  • Currently 2/5 Stars.
2/5 Stars

by Anonymous

Very limited. Coach Starsia is an amazing coach, record speaks for itself however the delivery of this video is poor. Starsia reads from notes 80% of the time, the other 20% he's on the field directing 4 drills that last way too long for the viewer. The majority of this presentation is video clips of Virgina scoring goals from the 2011 postseason.

Championship Productions replies:
Coach, Please check our exchange policy. You may be able to exchange this product for an item that better meets your needs. Feel free to call us if you need recommendations. Thank you for your review! – Championship Productions

Was this review helpful? Yes No
Developing Mental Toughness for Lacrosse
on September 25, 2015
  • Currently 4/5 Stars.
4/5 Stars

by Anonymous

Good information but Starsia read from a piece of paper. Should have used cue cards.

Was this review helpful? Yes No
Log in to review this product!
Recently Viewed